Motion Master router

Thread: Motion Master router

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Motion Master router

Anyone using one of these? I'm in desparate need of someone to come out and take a look at mine...troubles with the X axis...maybe more. Any help/names/phone numbers would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks...
    Jen

Similar Threads:

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jennifer, silly question of me but isn't Motion Master there in Ca? Are they not any good on support? What is the machine doing and that might give some insight to what is happening.

turmite

No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah...they used to be right down the street...not anymore...now they're in Colorado.

Here's what happened...when cleaning up yesterday I found a couple (4) ball bearings. So, I checked the bearings on both the X and Y axes but it wasn't obvious that there was a crack or anything in any of them...so I'm not sure where they came from. When I hit the E-stop and tried moving the axes by hand there's a gritty-type feel in X. The machine is next to a moulder so I hadn't noticed any strange noises, but when the guys went on break this morning I ran the beast and DID notice almost a grinding sound. I talked to one of the guys out in Colorado and he suggested that I might need to have the lead screw re-machined and that there's a bearing going out and to stop running the thing until I get someone to look at it for sure (might just make it worse). So that's where I'm at...and I can't find anyone to come out...only answering machines at the names/numbers that I have...and, holy cow, do I have a lot of work to do...

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Jennifer,

I am in San Diego, too. I bought a Motion Master router last year from them. I love it. My rep's name is Frank Cabanski. He's now in Texas but at one time he gave me the name of a good independent technician who used to work for Motion Master.

Frank's number is 817-517-5539. Tell him Mark from SML said "Hi"

Good luck!

MArk Linder

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark -

I haven't heard the name Frank Cabanski in YEARS! He sold to the company I used to work for. He must have gone back to the horse ranch, from what I remember of him. I know the independent guy too...Erik, right?...I already left a message for him.

Jen

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I found someone!!!!

Mark -
    Thanks for the help...I may give ol' Frank a call anyway, just to harrass him...but if you talk to him before me, tell him Jennifer from Trademark said hello...we'll see how good his memory is.

Jen

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You may want to check the table rail bearings. the have plastic endcaps and when they get clogged up with gook, they will pop out bearings. I had to do this every so often at my old shop as the acrylic and mdf dust would kill them. it is a pretty easy change. You can check them by cleaning the ends reall wel and seeing if they are distorted / blow out. if they are there are 4 allen heads that attach them to the table, remove these screws, and then get a hydralic jack and lift the table and block. Then you can slide the bearing off. Clean the rail , and bottom of table, then slide on new bearing. If you talked to Patrick or Mike in colorado, they definitally knows thier stuff, but I doubt that it is the lead screw one, as I have only replaced 2 of those on 8 machines that were used 24-7 for many many years. It is good practice to oil the lead screw daily, or weekly to clean out the leadscrew nut. BTW are they still making them or are they now just servicing them?