My attempt at building a cnc machine

Thread: My attempt at building a cnc machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool My attempt at building a cnc machine

Hi guys and gals I've been reading for quite a while and finally got the nerve to show you what I've done so far.

I have a few pics in the photo gallery, so take a look and let me know how I might be able to improve on my setup.

I built it using a table saw, an 8" drill press, 3/8" drill and hand tools, lots of fun.

When I see some of the professional jobs (like balsamans) I hesitate to show mine but it seems to be coming along fine.

I've attached a pic of the rear showing the vacuum attachment area, The table is 1/4" aluminum over 2"x 2" square aluminum cut in half and fastened alternately open part up and open part down
    to make a chambered top sort of like corrugated cardboard, and then sealed the bottom with a sheet of MDF.

Have to drill all the holes for vacuum and thread them for hold downs as well do you think that will work?

Sorry about the novel length of my post.