Spindle Idea - Page 20

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: Spindle Idea

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Idea

Saw this review online of the brushed version. It has massive runout, lacks a double-row angular contact bearing in front (so the shaft has up-and-down play), and has an absurd rubber-mount bearing in back. I doubt the brushless is different, but we'd need to see it disassembled to know.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I saw that review during my research and pretty much ruled out the brushed versions tho some seem to be having reasonable results with them. I have not found any information as to the internal design of the brushless versions. Was hoping they corrected the obvious bearing problems.

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by atwooddon View Post
    I saw that review during my research and pretty much ruled out the brushed versions tho some seem to be having reasonable results with them. I have not found any information as to the internal design of the brushless versions. Was hoping they corrected the obvious bearing problems.

Don
    Most people should know that this motor has not been designed for use as a spindle, the motor is a standard regular light duty DC motor, with a collet chuck mounted on it, the motor could be used to drive a spindle,but not much use like it is, this does not represent the Chinese water cooled spindles in any way, which are designed as a spindle, they have 3 & 4 bearing models

The people selling these are just making a buck, taking advantage of those that don't search & get a better knowledge on the subject

Mactec54

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920