Anyone out there converted a rennishaw probe fromoptical or inductive to wired?

Thread: Anyone out there converted a rennishaw probe fromoptical or inductive to wired?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone out there converted a rennishaw probe fromoptical or inductive to wired?

Hi All,

I was chasing a secondhand probe and a company I used to work for has a couple but their inductive and the sensors are U/S. One is optical so the question is for both really.
    Has any one "been inside" and converted a rennishaw probe to wired by picking up the signals on the inside? Would prefer wired as they had dramas with the optical set up and I don't intend on tool changing it. MP1's I think or MP1M

Cheers Mick

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mick,
    I remember seeing a thread on the subject. If I recall it was in the Yahoo Mach3 forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Air gunner, couldn't find anything on the yahoo groups but thats probably just operator error, did find this though is that what you were thinking

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...be_head-2.html

Seems to make sense that the switching would be the same just the upper body does the infra red or inductive stuff.

Mick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mick,
    That's the thread I was thinking of!
    Hope it helped mate.
    Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Eric,

Gave me confidence, bought one its a MP1S, on the side where the inductive unit is their is a 5 pin din plug. I removed the 2 cap screws and the inductive part just unplugged. I metered the pins and found pin 2 and 4 go open circuit when the probe is moved. Don't know what the others do...... Checked them in all the directions and on the 2 and 4 change. I'll knock up a solid state relay ciruit and get the local fanuc bloke around to hook it up to the machine OM-C.

Thanks again for the lead searching for modification - didn't even think of retrofit.

Cheers Mick