points cloud and Bobcad V 21

Thread: points cloud and Bobcad V 21

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default points cloud and Bobcad V 21

Hi there, I'm sure that this post has been gone over a million times and there must be some info out there about doing this. So if there is or maybe someone can help me with this problem. Anyways here I go.

I have BOBCAD V21, I have a touch probe, Mach 3, Resurf's point clouds to NURBS, I might even have some other programs that I've downloaded. So here is my problem. I have used my probe and digitized a set of points. That seems to work, however after I have this points cloud I don't know where to go from there. What I have done is I take the point cloud and open it up in Resurf's point cloud to Nurbs, I set the pull orientation to X 0 Y 0 Z 0.0001 what I notice though is that Resurf's program doesn't show sharp edges. It pulls the solid surface like installing vinyl on to a chair lets say. No sharp edges!!! This is a problem because I'm trying to duplicate a shotgun forearm and I want it to be an exact copy. I've attached a copy of my points cloud if anyone would like to play around with it.

So my request to anyone out there, could you play with the point cloud to see if you can get sharp edges. If you do than please advise me to what software you used, and detailed instructions on how you did it. Or if someone knows of a link or post that is already out there. Thanks for your help

Pat