NAMES show April 18-19

Thread: NAMES show April 18-19

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NAMES show April 18-19

The NAMES show is getting close, just a couple weeks away. Village Press will be there with a pile of books for sale.

Although I am at the show from open to close, I never can find the time to see everything. Hopefully this year I can get away from the booth a little more.

If you are visiting the show, stop by and say hello. I’m always interested in hearing comments from the readers (both the good and the bad).

George

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The van is loaded and ready to go for the trip to Toledo tomorrow. I hope the get things set up at the booth in time to make the opening pitch of the game at 5:30.

Village Press will be there all day on Saturday and Sunday, so stop by and say hello!

George

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone take any photos?
    Can I please have a squiz?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I brought the camera along but never unpacked it. One of the members of the HSM BBS did take some though. Here is the link: http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=34535

George

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Village Press had a great year at the NAMES show, we came home with a lot fewer books than we went down with. Other vendors that I talked with reported sales similar to last years. So, despite all the gloom and doom talk about the economy there appeared to be little effect on the show.

The big news at this show was the planned move back to the Southgate Civic Center (MI) next year. After the 2010 show, the plan is to move to a convention center in Novi, MI. The planned move drew missed reviews from attendees, depending of course on how it would affect their drive next year, but is necessary in light of the recent increases in rent at the Toledo location. My drive will be about an hour shorter but I sure will miss the Mud Hens games across the street.

I thought the CNC presence was up slightly from last year. Chris Wood, from Little Machine Shop, had a nice looking Syil bench top mill that was attracting a lot of attention. With the growth and acceptance of CNC equipment in hobby machining I would expect to see more of it at the show in the years to come.

George

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Thanks George,
    An eclectic mix of stuff, one day if I pass Toledo in April........