CNC Workshop review

Thread: CNC Workshop review

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Workshop review

I just wanted to say thanks to George and Digital Machinist for hosting the Workshop at Washtenaw Community College in Ypsilanti Michigan this year!

I just got back, and I had a great time! From great info about the new version of Mach3 to a future version of Aspire & V Carve Pro to practical sessions on noise reduction and motor tuning, it was really great.

Most of all, I was happily impressed with the folks I met there. There was Helmut with his homebrew wire EDM CNC cutter, and many friendly vendors there. A chance to see the bigger guys, Tormach and Novakon's machines at play, and many other vendors. Especially fun was seeing Rick pouring molten aluminum castings from his homemade propane furnace!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to George for all his hard work (the first time's the hardest!) and to all those who attended that made it a fun experience! (other than the tornado drill in the dorm basement!)

I must say it really got the wheels turning.

Thanks again,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pictures!

Below are some pictures I took of the event, in no particular order. The first is the HQ for the event where the vendors were housed, where you registered for sessions, and just hung out. There were a couple of classrooms here, as well as in other buildings on the campus.

The second is Helmut (? sorry, Helmut, didn't get the last name) with his remarkable home built wire EDM CNC controlled cutter.

Third, shot of the Novakon guys.

Fourth, some Artsoft folks - the blurry guy on the left is the retired Art Fenerty and the guy on the right is David Bagby, to whom all Mach users will soon owe a debt of gratitude for having created and documented the new 3.4 screen set. He showed the UI to us in a packed session, and it looks great.

Next is Randy Ray of Texas Micro who had a kit version of his pendant which may be shipping soon.

Next is the Tormach guys.

More on next post.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Workshop review-p1010909-jpg   CNC Workshop review-p1010911-jpg   CNC Workshop review-p1010913-jpg   CNC Workshop review-p1010917-jpg  

CNC Workshop review-p1010918-jpg   CNC Workshop review-p1010920-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The first picture of this post shows Rick Chownyk on the left who demonstrated pouring aluminum castings from his home-made propane fired furnace. Seated is the famous Roland Friestad who started it all in Galesburg, IL. They are gathered at Arturo Duncan's (standing) CNC4PC booth.

There was lots of time to spend with vendors. On the right is Tony McKenzie of Vectric who also gave several sessions.

Jon Elson of Pico Systems also showed his products and gave several practical sessions on brushless motors and EMC tuning.

Then is Brian Barker of Artsoft who gave several sessions on using Mach3 as well as a great one on the new release of Version 3.4. Big news is that this version is a fundamental rewrite and is multi-threaded so that it can take advantage of multi-core machines instead of being hampered by them!

Anyway, though you might like a taste of what it was like!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Workshop review-p1010921-jpg   CNC Workshop review-p1010923-jpg   CNC Workshop review-p1010924-jpg   CNC Workshop review-p1010928-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Practically in my back yard and I didn't even know about this until just before it started.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a picture of a part a guy made who's building a 2.5" steam engine. This is the engine maker's plate. He's machined this from brass or bronze using a 1/64" bit in an engraving machine.

To give an idea of scale, the plate is leaning up apple.

I've lost his name, but hopefully he'll see this and contact me.

Tom

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Workshop review-cnc-seminar-2010-004-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Darn... all I have to look forward to is the next computer show! Looks like a lot of cool stuff there. Wish I could have one of those Tormach's in my basement.

Thanks for sharing!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Gary (revwarguy) and everyone who attended the CNC Workshop.

I had a great time out in Ann Arbor and have to say a big thank you
    to George and his team for making this event happen. It was a real
    pleasure meeting so many CNC enthusiasts and Vectric customers
    who were so interesting, positive and helpful

The event was very well organized and attended - I believe 155+
    registered attendees plus all the exhibitors and presenters.

Each of my presentations were packed out and I hope those who
    attended found them useful and interesting.

I look forward to doing it again next year and it would be great if
    you could make it Gerry.

Attached are a few photo's from the event.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Workshop review-cncworkshop_1-jpg   CNC Workshop review-mach3_team-jpg   CNC Workshop review-presentation_2-jpg   CNC Workshop review-tony_mac-jpg  

CNC Workshop review-tormach-cut3d-jpg   CNC Workshop review-bbq-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by revwarguy View Post
    Below are some pictures I took of the event, in no particular order. The first is the HQ for the event where the vendors were housed, where you registered for sessions, and just hung out. There were a couple of classrooms here, as well as in other buildings on the campus.

The second is Helmut (? sorry, Helmut, didn't get the last name) with his remarkable home built wire EDM CNC controlled cutter.

Third, shot of the Novakon guys.

Fourth, some Artsoft folks - the blurry guy on the left is the retired Art Fenerty and the guy on the right is David Bagby, to whom all Mach users will soon owe a debt of gratitude for having created and documented the new 3.4 screen set. He showed the UI to us in a packed session, and it looks great.

Next is Randy Ray of Texas Micro who had a kit version of his pendant which may be shipping soon.

Next is the Tormach guys.

More on next post.

Dear Sir,
    Can I get the email address of Mr. HELMUT for asking more about his wire edm

Regards