Dim laptop screen

Thread: Dim laptop screen

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dim laptop screen

Hi,

I have an interesting case. I have a older Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-FE550G). One day the screen suddenly darkened. I restarted the computer, I would have a picture for about a minute, then the screen would darken again. I took the computer apart, removed the old inverter, and installed a new one. The laptop seemed to work fine for about 3 days (although I did notice the brightness would flicker every once in a while). Then once again the screen darkened, though it would keep a picture for about 10 minutes when I rebooted it. I could still see faint images in both situations. I currently have the laptop running off an external monitor, and it is working fine - awkward for me but possible. I am very frustrated with this problem. I need some of you experts out there to help me figure out what's wrong?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
    https://bit.ly/2JP3qlk
    Motion graphics video animation studio

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dim laptop screen

I experienced the same issue with an old Acer laptop. Turned out to be a bad (burned) connection between the inverter and where the screen bulbs connect, which was not repairable in my case. I ended up doing r=the same as you, used an external monitor.
    John Champlain

www.picengrave.com