Dim laptop screen

Thread: Dim laptop screen

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dim laptop screen

Hi,

I have an interesting case. I have a older Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-FE550G). One day the screen suddenly darkened. I restarted the computer, I would have a picture for about a minute, then the screen would darken again. I took the computer apart, removed the old inverter, and installed a new one. The laptop seemed to work fine for about 3 days (although I did notice the brightness would flicker every once in a while). Then once again the screen darkened, though it would keep a picture for about 10 minutes when I rebooted it. I could still see faint images in both situations. I currently have the laptop running off an external monitor, and it is working fine - awkward for me but possible. I am very frustrated with this problem. I need some of you experts out there to help me figure out what's wrong?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
    https://bit.ly/2JP3qlk
    Motion graphics video animation studio

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dim laptop screen

I experienced the same issue with an old Acer laptop. Turned out to be a bad (burned) connection between the inverter and where the screen bulbs connect, which was not repairable in my case. I ended up doing r=the same as you, used an external monitor.
    John Champlain

www.picengrave.com

Downloads
    Uploads

"Turned out to be a bad (burned) connection between the inverter and where the screen bulbs connect, which was not repairable in my case. I ended up doing r=the same as you, used an external monitor."
    Same thing happened to my brother's laptop. He's now using a monitor as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Due to the loose AC adapter cord, many laptops automatically dim the screen brightness. And when they run on battery to minimize power usage and check that the AC cord is firmly connected to the outlet and laptop.
    Apart from that read the following: https://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blo...-screen-issues