USB Floppy Emulator with Windows 10

Thread: USB Floppy Emulator with Windows 10

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default USB Floppy Emulator with Windows 10

We use a Greco Systems USB CNC Minifile for loading programs in machines. We use ipcas USB Floppy Emulator V1.31T with Windows 7 to load files on USB thumb drives. Our company recently upgraded our PC's to Windows 10 boxes and the software launches and recognizes the partitions on the thumb drive but will not open for viewing or drag & drop programs. Anyone have a Windows 10 USB Floppy Emulator working for them?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: USB Floppy Emulator with Windows 10

I have the same issue the IPCAS software does not open the file manager to the partition for file management. I'm having to keep my old Windows7 box next to the new Win10 box just for file transfer to the USB stick for the floppy emulator. Did you find a solution?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, we have one old computer we are keeping for this. We did swap the floppy drive in a Cinc Lancer to a USB and it came with a pre-formatted thumb drive that says Haas on it, we can drag and drop files to it just using windows. They say a similar swap is available for our Toshiba HBM with Tosnuc 888. Our other vert mills don't have floppy drives, only the RS-232 port and still looking for a solution.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did manage to get the IPCAS Floppy Manager v1.40 to work under Windows 10. I had to set the compatibility mode to Windows7 specifically. WindowsXPSP3 would not work. I also set it run as administrator for all users as well. I did this for Start menu shortcut and also every executable in the within the ipcas GmbH directory. Screen shot below:
    USB Floppy Emulator with Windows 10-capture-png

Downloads
    Uploads

Year 2021 and another version of Windows 10 in the works.... The compatibility solution by JMullett seems to work, at least to a point. I have not been able to make a backup of the USB stick. I can select a directory to save the "floppies" to, but there is no way to select/create a backup file. However, creating the array of virtual floppies seems to work. Thanks for that

My problem is that my disk was damaged, someone can help me to get them

Can someone point be to where I can get the "USB Floppy Manager V4.10i" software from ipcas GmbH. Their e mail (info@ipcas.de) does not work anymore. Thank you.