Deskcnc card, any way to know if it failed?

Thread: Deskcnc card, any way to know if it failed?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Deskcnc card, any way to know if it failed?

Please help any thoughts?

I have a Sys3A / Deskcnc with very low hours, used perhaps 12 times in the same household.

I managed to get it all up and running after a 10 year nap, worked perfectly!

Then when I was about to put it to work, I started only opening in cam mode.

On start up is says - "no controller detected.....1" with blue progress bar and then again "no controller detected.....1" with blue progress bar (it does this twice)

Then at the very end briefly says controller detected and then goes to cam mode.

Blue light always on!

I did every "Fred" test and reset procedure three times and also used another computer which it did work on prior when testing the first time around.

Please help as I love the servos and the quality components and do not have much of a budget to totally scrap this system.

I did try new serial to usb also in case that chip set went bad, no luck. Also tried another computer it did run on at one time.

It has to be the Deskcnc chip board I am thinking.

Thanks for any thoughts,
    Sean

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Deskcnc card, any way to know if it failed?

I feel you Fred Wanting 350 for a new unit is kind of crazy. Support not there.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you can't find a reasonable cost replacement, you might try replacing the electrolytic caps on it. I see one the picture I found. Electrolytics can go bad over time and they aren't very expensive or hard to replace.

Barring that, I would look to move on from Deskcnc. Plenty of solutions that cost less than $350.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I have 2 or 3 spare cards if you are interested. They all worked fine when I changed over to PlanetCNC. Nothing wrong with DeskCNC, It has always served me very well, but I sold my machines and did not want to supply them with unsupported cards.

Also have the PWM to 0-10V card that drives a VFD directly from DeskCNC.

Cheers, Francois

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi z

You still have the broken deskcnc controller...have you tried flashing new firmware?

The deskcnc controller board should be flashing blue fast if good and recognized...if its solid blue it means its trying to update or is faulty.

Deskcnc will go into machine DRO mode if detects controller...if it opens in cam mode it means controller not recognized regardless of what screen prompt shows

UOTE=zed1;2407132]Please help any thoughts?

I have a Sys3A / Deskcnc with very low hours, used perhaps 12 times in the same household.

I managed to get it all up and running after a 10 year nap, worked perfectly!

Then when I was about to put it to work, I started only opening in cam mode.

On start up is says - "no controller detected.....1" with blue progress bar and then again "no controller detected.....1" with blue progress bar (it does this twice)

Then at the very end briefly says controller detected and then goes to cam mode.

Blue light always on!

I did every "Fred" test and reset procedure three times and also used another computer which it did work on prior when testing the first time around.

Please help as I love the servos and the quality components and do not have much of a budget to totally scrap this system.

I did try new serial to usb also in case that chip set went bad, no luck. Also tried another computer it did run on at one time.

It has to be the Deskcnc chip board I am thinking.

Thanks for any thoughts,
    Sean[/QUOTE]