Problem DeskCNC has trouble in G02/G03 Circular interpolation

Thread: DeskCNC has trouble in G02/G03 Circular interpolation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy DeskCNC has trouble in G02/G03 Circular interpolation

I have tried many ways to solve my problem with DeskCNC controller.

Firmware V.2.41

This controller always lost its original coordinate.
    Saying, if I set work zero at 0,0,0 and programmed the spindle comes back to the work zero when it has finished all the codes.
    Y axis slightly moves... about 0.X mm... This is not a small deviation.

This doesn't seem to be a problem of DeskCNC software configuration... because it works perfect when I only use G00/G01 codes to make circles...

And I heard from a man who worked at the company that made my CNC Milling Machine that DeskCNC has such a problem so don't use G02/G03 for precise machining.

Is there anyone who doesn't have this problem?

If you don't have this problem, would you let me know your DeskCNC software ver and firmware ver?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DeskCNC has trouble in G02/G03 Circular interpolation

That seems very strange. Is it cutting in G91 or G90 mode? G02 or 3 arc is just a different way of getting to the same end point after the move. If you change an arc to a G01 then the end position of each move should still be the same, and the final position the same. If your motion is in incremental mode then maybe that's contributing to accumulated errors?

Is the final move to x0 y0 commanded in G90 or is it an incremental move from the last machining position?

I'm also wondering if it's lost steps? Although why it would occur more with arcs than linear moves is a mystery

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    That seems very strange. Is it cutting in G91 or G90 mode? G02 or 3 arc is just a different way of getting to the same end point after the move. If you change an arc to a G01 then the end position of each move should still be the same, and the final position the same. If your motion is in incremental mode then maybe that's contributing to accumulated errors?

Is the final move to x0 y0 commanded in G90 or is it an incremental move from the last machining position?

I'm also wondering if it's lost steps? Although why it would occur more with arcs than linear moves is a mystery

I only cut in G90.
    Yes the deviation accumulates. If I cut the same circle(single circle at the same location) over and over, the circle keeps getting long to Y axis little by little. This is why I think this problem is not due to backlash.

It seems to be of the problem of DeskCNC controller itself...

In linear move, if I check "Break circle into lines" option in DeskCNC software, the same positioning error occurs.

To avoid this trouble, all I can do is post-process in "linear codes" from CAM software.
    (No G2 or G3 code should be included in the .dnc file.)

I also tested with air-cutting.
    I put a dial gauge at 0,0,0 with contact to endmill shoulder, and cut the circle in the air then ordered(I included this command at the end of .dnc file) to come back to the original 0,0,0.

It deviates along the Y axis....

In fact, I heard DeskCNC has this problem(Interpolation Problem) from the man who worked in the company that made my CNC milling.
    He advised me not to use G02/G03 but only to use G00, G01 codes...

I just want to make sure that this is really the innate problem of DeskCNC controller...

If I get a confirmation, I will through away DeskCNC controller and equip Mach instead.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like you've been very thorough in checking the entire process. I would suggest you take that man at his word and assume it's the DeskCNC controller. I have no personal experience with this controller myself.