Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem

Thread: Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem

Default Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem

Hi.

I have Franz Kessler DMS 100.AL.4.FOS spidnle from Maho DC70V machine. Oryginally this spindle did'nt have coolant through spindle system. But I bought another drawbar from the another spindle (the same model) with CTS. But I need to regenerate the rotary union pipe in drawbar. I don't know how to dissasemble this drawbar. Anyone have information about it and could help me? Moreover, I need to replace seals in rotary union. For now, I know that this is rotary union from GAT but the sticker with product number is unreadable. Meybe anyone know what type of rotary union is it? Thank you in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by maciek95k View Post
    Hi.

I have Franz Kessler DMS 100.AL.4.FOS spidnle from Maho DC70V machine. Oryginally this spindle did'nt have coolant through spindle system. But I bought another drawbar from the another spindle (the same model) with CTS. But I need to regenerate the rotary union pipe in drawbar. I don't know how to dissasemble this drawbar. Anyone have information about it and could help me? Moreover, I need to replace seals in rotary union. For now, I know that this is rotary union from GAT but the sticker with product number is unreadable. Meybe anyone know what type of rotary union is it? Thank you in advance.

I think you need to buy the whole through spindle coolant drawbar and rotary coupling assembly to retrofit this. GAT have a very good website you can use to identify your rotary coupling. I would email DMG service and ask if they have a through spindle coolant parts list, stating your machine type and serial number.

Some spindles cannot have through coolant because they need accurate bores and features inside for drawbar spring and seals.

Could be a can of worms.

You can get a coolant ring and run the through tool coolant externally in this case.

Default Re: Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Unfotunatelly Kessler and DMG can't help me. I have only spindle. I installed them in my DIY machine. This is my machine:

Kessler can't help me because they was suplier for DMG only spindles, without drwabars.
    I have technical documentation for this spindle. I got out my drawbar and compare them with my new drawbar. They are the same. Only difference is in the two holes in drawbar. In my spindle without CTS all of these holes are connect to air channels. In my new drawbar, one of them (between two seals) are connected to coolant channel. I unscrewed two plugs in the spindle face and check channels. These channels are connect to one of the hole in drawbar.
    I checked GAT catalogues but I don't found any interesting information. I think, on this forum are present a few person who know how to dissasembling this spindles and drawbar.

A few photos:
    my new drawbar unit:
    Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-zrzut-ekranu-2023-01-25-224123-jpg
    My spindle face with coolant channels:
    Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-whatsapp-image-2023-01-24-22-06-a
    Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-whatsapp-image-2023-01-24-22-05-a
    Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-whatsapp-image-2023-01-24-21-55-a
    My original drawbar:
    Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-photo_2021-04-12_13-14-25-jpg
    Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-photo_2021-04-12_13-16-31-jpg
    GAT rotary union:
    Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-photo_2023-01-24_16-41-08-2-jpg
    Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-photo_2023-01-24_16-41-06-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-photo_2021-04-12_13-16-31-jpg   Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-photo_2021-04-12_13-14-25-jpg   Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-whatsapp-image-2023-01-24-21-55-a   Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-whatsapp-image-2023-01-24-22-06-a  

Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-whatsapp-image-2023-01-24-22-05-a   Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-zrzut-ekranu-2023-01-25-224123-jpg   Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-photo_2023-01-24_16-41-06-jpg   Franz Kessler spindle - TCS problem-photo_2023-01-24_16-41-08-2-jpg