MH500C Troubleshooting

Thread: MH500C Troubleshooting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MH500C Troubleshooting

As a newbie to this forum and MAHO as well, I will do my first post regarding this fine MAHO MH500C which I picked up a couple of weeks ago in a non working condition. I am hoping to be able to use this in my hobby-shop with the factory Philips 432. I will try to describe the situation and issues with the following points:

-Previous owner received the machine 13 years ago with dead battery, but never managed to get all MC set after replacing the battery.
    -I received a list of MC with the machine, not totally accurate in my opinion
    -Battery was dead and replaced again by me
    -Got the MC loaded finally from the laptop using usb-to-serial with DIY cable
    -Managed to get hydraulics/control on, and all 3 axis moving with jog commands
    -When trying to rung RF points, nothing happens, regardless of the combination of axes´s selected for RF
    -Spindle also wont jog with a resulting error code 62 refering to the gear position
    -IN/OUT NO RESPONSE during power-up check
    -I/O card replaced with another used, no differance
    -Machine was bought in 1984 by a Finnish company
    -Seems it has not been in heavy use

Attaching some pictures, sorry for the orientation issue...

If you have some info in mind that would be helpful, please request.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by THS-Quantum View Post
    As a newbie to this forum and MAHO as well, I will do my first post regarding this fine MAHO MH500C which I picked up a couple of weeks ago in a non working condition. I am hoping to be able to use this in my hobby-shop with the factory Philips 432. I will try to describe the situation and issues with the following points:

-Previous owner received the machine 13 years ago with dead battery, but never managed to get all MC set after replacing the battery.
    -I received a list of MC with the machine, not totally accurate in my opinion
    -Battery was dead and replaced again by me
    -Got the MC loaded finally from the laptop using usb-to-serial with DIY cable
    -Managed to get hydraulics/control on, and all 3 axis moving with jog commands
    -When trying to rung RF points, nothing happens, regardless of the combination of axes´s selected for RF
    -Spindle also wont jog with a resulting error code 62 refering to the gear position
    -IN/OUT NO RESPONSE during power-up check
    -I/O card replaced with another used, no differance
    -Machine was bought in 1984 by a Finnish company
    -Seems it has not been in heavy use

Attaching some pictures, sorry for the orientation issue...

If you have some info in mind that would be helpful, please request.
    I suspect your inputs. The spindle may have a gear selector for possibly M41/42 high and low range. The change cylinder has switches from each range, maybe not in gear, defective switch or input issue. Change cylinder is usually air operated.

Similar issues with reference switch inputs perhaps?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MH500C Troubleshooting

Inputs from the gear selectors are all showing/toggling in the PLC inputs page when pushing switches.

Now, when I am monitoring the outputs on the plc, when i press the execute button to run ref. points, the first output bit is blinking for a short period, which i assume is the "NC-start" shown in drawings.

I have tracked down that the output pin(OPC1-2) which is connected to terminal 322(NC-start) in the cabinet, its not giving out any voltage during this time.

After activating hydraulics/control voltage, the pin output rises to 70mV.

Have tried two different I/O cards also with same result

Not sure if i am barking down the wrong road here...

Do you know what the "IN/OUT NO RESPONSE" status during start up check may indicate?

What Software version do you have?

Downloads
    Uploads

6601.603/06