Advices for MAHO MH600E

Thread: Advices for MAHO MH600E

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Advices for MAHO MH600E

Hello everyone!

I'm here now to ask for advice before buying used MAHO MH600E machine build in 1989 year. For a long time I'm looking for such machine at a reasonable price for my budget. Now I have the opportunity to buy one for 6500 Euro. I'm new to CNC machines, but in my practice I have made some model projects on SolidWorks and tool paths in ArtCam where the generation of G-Code is automatically generated. I'm interested whether the Phillips CNC432 controller, that came with the MAHO can operate with such program directly, without the need of generating the G-Code on it? The controller is with the five function buttons at the top, which I read is important in a topic on this forum.
    The seller have all the documentation and some new spare boards for it that I haven't seen on pictures. I was wondering, is there some tricks for testing all machine functions in order to prevent myself from expensive repairs if something is not right?

Thanks for Your cooperation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by motev View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm here now to ask for advice before buying used MAHO MH600E machine build in 1989 year. For a long time I'm looking for such machine at a reasonable price for my budget. Now I have the opportunity to buy one for 6500 Euro. I'm new to CNC machines, but in my practice I have made some model projects on SolidWorks and tool paths in ArtCam where the generation of G-Code is automatically generated. I'm interested whether the Phillips CNC432 controller, that came with the MAHO can operate with such program directly, without the need of generating the G-Code on it? The controller is with the five function buttons at the top, which I read is important in a topic on this forum.
    The seller have all the documentation and some new spare boards for it that I haven't seen on pictures. I was wondering, is there some tricks for testing all machine functions in order to prevent myself from expensive repairs if something is not right?

Thanks for Your cooperation.
    The operating system is not user frendly, is a little bit tricky at the beginning until you get use to it. It can support program transfer from PC to CNC via serial port RS-422.
    I have managed on an Maho MH 700S with Philips 432/10 to send programs from PC to CNC with a software named CIMCO.
    But...our machine is out of service at the moment, it gave us so many faults and the service documentation is ambiguous or incomplete. Our machine was acquired from an auction.
    In the end...the G-code was written in Cimco and transfered to machine. Regards!