Need Help! Maho mh700s

Thread: Maho mh700s

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Maho mh700s

Hello. This is my first post here. I'm glad to be part of this forum.
    I bought a maho mh700s 1990 with Philips 432 from German a few days ago. I'm still waiting for the keys to release. But I have some ambiguities I want to clarify as they come. This is the machine:

This picture was sent to me by the Germans. Now when the machine is here, the fenced things in the picture are missing despite the confidence that I will get everything I see in the picture. This is not such a big problem, but I want to know something about these things. what is above the picture monitor on the right? There are several cables coming out of the machine. Will there be problems with the machine?
    Second - the machine did not arrive with any tools. Can you help me with information about the engagement of the spindle tool? I think that it is ISO 7388 II B.

Third - This type of machine has two spindles. When one works and the other is closed with a cap. My cap is missing on my machine. Can I make such a cap or buy somewhere? How do we keep this cap in the cone after it does not reach the shield, capture the tool?

Fourth - I have never worked in the Phillips controller. I work from any kind of FANUC. Now with the keys to the machine, the Germans told me they would send me books about the machine, but I'm not sure what was written in them ... I'm interested in the beginning - what is the command to change the tool in one and the other spindle? What is the command to move from a horizontal spindle to a vertical spindle (automatic rotation of the head)? Does the machine need to be connected to air, or will not make a mistake and will work without it?
    Fifth - the machine's table is rotated manually. There are three screws for rotation. Two of them have a quarter. The third is to rotate the table. I suppose blocking and unblocking the rotation of the table is also done with the M code?
    And since the final of my amateur questions is - how does the machine compensate for the difference in coordinates when it comes from working with a spindle to work with the other?
    I'm glad I got all the information about this machine from you.
    Thank you very much

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maho mh700s-maho1-jpg  
    Last edited by D1N1; 03-05-2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: some problem with language

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Maho mh700s

Hello

Congratulations on your machine. The Philips 432 controller is a lot more diferent than Fanuc. It was very advance for it;s time. You can do thread milling with only one line of code an you have special G functions for circular and rectangular pockets and a lot more. When this machine came out in 1990 Fanuc was very primitive in comparison.
    To answer your questions :

1 Is normal for the cables to come out like that out the machine. They are actually plastic tubes with electrical cables inside.
    2 the machine uses sk 40 tools
    3 I don;t think you can make that cap . Use the machine without it and try to clean the spindle before you use it
    4 In this machine the vertical head uses the XZ plane meaning G18 , the horizontal head uses XY meaning G17 like Fanuc. So remember that the vertical head uses Y not Z. The automated rotation of the head is done by G53 command in Teach in mode. The machine will change the tool in whatever spindle is active.
    You probably need compressed air to run your machine.
    5 I believe you have 2 screws for rotation and tilting and the third is to pull the table more in or out. But I am not sure
    6 Be sure to put G18 T1 M6 first when working vertically and G17 T1 M6 when working horizontally . Don't do programs that combine both vertical and horizontal .Take it slowly

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much for the answer and and the greeting. I hope that I made the right choice.
    I found a programming book and there programming is not much different than Fanuc. I've worked on a Mitsubishi and ECS controls too. This with g16, g17, g18, g19 I put every time in ECS. This is most inportant when the head is rotate. One of the machines which I work sometimes is with fanuc 1986-7 years. It performs all macro codes like the modern fanuc in new Doosan or Hyundai.. I think that philips 432 can not work with macro. For this I can not agree that in those times the philips was more modern but I will understend it soon.
    1. I look at this cables but I do not understend what is this device above the monitor on the picture? Can I use these cables for another connection?
    2. I know about sk40 but I do not know what is the tail of the SK40? Is this ISO 7388 IIB?
    3. Why do you think that I can not make such a cap using some sk40? Do you know how this part is called to look for it on the internet?
    4. From your post I understend that comand for all spindle are the same. For example T1M6 will put first tool in spindle? In teach (mdi) if I put G53 the head will rotate automatic and then I will change the tool again in the other spindle with T1M6?
    5. Yes, but table can not rotate. The other screws I have not checked how they work but this about rotation is blocked. Probably it has a command with which the table is released from the control?
    6. I understend it about program, but the zero of one spindle is different from the zero of the other. When we take the zero of the piece with one spindle, it will be different for the other. Probably only X will be the same. How does the machine compensate this? For machines with ECS control, we compensated it with G59 and we measured it with an indicator over time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

The Philips 432 controller doesn't use macros because it has a lot of preset G codes that simplify programming , but you will need to use a CAM software to really be prodcutive with the machine.
    1 Do you have the deivce above the monitor? If yes than post a close up picture.
    2 Yes the pull stud is ISO 7388.
    3 My machine dosen't have the automatic head change. I turn it manualy so I can't say for sure that you can modify a standard tool holder to be used as a cap.
    4 Yes you turn the head than you call the tool again.
    5 To understand how to use your rotary table go to Maho MH 1000C Operator Maintenance Manual pdf - CNC Manual and download the pdf, Than go into the document at page 70 and there is a very detailed description about using the rotary table.
    For number 6 I will give you an explanation soon.
    Hope it helps for the moment

Downloads
    Uploads

Hallo.
    I have no device above the monitor and I have no other picture with this... I do not know what is it. Probably sombody will tell us
    Thank you for all other answers. This is important to me.
    I expect books from Germany to come soon and I hope to get an answer to a lot of my questions.
    I think to use cam softoere. I use and in fanuc this, but this is another issue that I will have to solve. Haw to make the connection between machine and computer...

Downloads
    Uploads

Maho mh700s-img_6768-2-jpg

Close-up image of the device in question. I just rely on the inscription "NC system"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maho mh700s-img_6768-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

From what I can gather its a DLOG NC-SYSTEM Dnet II industrial terminal. I have no idea what it was used for. Maybe it was used to control an automated fixture system when the machine was used in Germany.