Problem DMC103v is totally frozen, from one day to another

Thread: DMC103v is totally frozen, from one day to another

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DMC103v is totally frozen, from one day to another

Hi Folks,

I've got a terrible terrible problem. My DMC103v from the year 1999 is totally frozen. Let me explain the sequence of events that brought it to this stage.

On Monday the machine was working fine, no issues. So from one day to the the other its gone bust.

Yesterday, I started the machine and fixed an aluminum stock on the table, when I went to load the manual probe in the spindle, the tool changer moved below the spindle but the spindle didn't descend and the machine froze. I did the usual, moved the tool changer by the purple key and the tool changer moved back, but the tool change process was not working.

I was getting an error "A-AV error travel limit tool changer"

We cleaned all the limit switches and tried again. This time out of the blue it worked and I could load the probe, which is T24 for me, using T24, M6, M19. then I did the zeroing for the part and did a T0 M6 and it worked. Then as soon as I tried to do T4 M6 to load another tool, it froze.

At this point, we switched off the machine, opened up the spindle cover panels and took the limit switches of the tool changer out, we cleaned them and put them back, exactly as they were.

Now the machine fired up ok, but as soon as I tried to do a tool change, it has hung up totally!!! Now there is an error 282 in a panel titled OEM.

Anyone who's seen anything like that please contact me. Am literally pulling at my hair... :-(

Thanks,
    N

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DMC103v is totally frozen, from one day to another

Bump!!! Any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    Bump!!! Any suggestions?
    I am having this issue right now with my dmu50. I've tried getting ahold of heidenhain, dmg and I just end up going in circles with these guys. They dont understand the concept of "Frozen". No alarms of anything are thrown or show up before or after. Was only freezing up intermittently and the was freezing once every hour almost on the hour. Now I cant get the thing to run for more than5-10 minutes at a time without having to restart it. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Downloads
    Uploads

I am ex-dmg service person.
    Check tool changer recovery screen -> status of signals, then you can identify where is the problem.

I doubt in your case,one of the signal is missing or needs some fine tuning.

regards
    senthil kumar

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Nash,

Could you post some photos of your controller and the error you are facing? I have DMU 50 evolutions and DMC 64V Linear machines in my factory and might be able to help if i understand the error better.

Best regards

Jaideep