calculate tool lengths

Thread: calculate tool lengths

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a little problem with my FP3 CCT Dialog11.

Before, I should say that I currently familiarize myself with the Dialog11 as I recently bought the machine.
    I already have good knowledge in Shopmill, Shopturn or Mazatrol if anybody wants to make any comparisons.
    About my problem:
    I wanted to identify the probe length.
    So I created the probe as a tool e.g. TT99 i drove over the table with the empty spindle and kind of zero it via a gauge block.
    Then exchanged the probe until the contact has run onto the table- like that the resulting Z different from the spindle to the table is taken as a the probe length and typed in for the probe in the tool memory.
    Now it should display Z0 when I change the probe and drive onto the table. But it doesn’t do that. Somehow it doesn’t calculate the tool lengh.

What am I doing wrong???

Unfortunately I couldn’t find anything in the manual....

Can anybody help me out?

Kind regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    You are probably in operating mode 1 ( manual mode) where the controller doesn’t calculate any tools. It only calculates the tools in operating mode 3 (automatic)

You have to set the tools to 0 in the lengths and touch them with it to set the tool zero point. All further tools that are used e.g. TT1 are quoted as positive numbers if they are longer (length=10); if they are shorter as a negative number (length= -10)
    The controller calculates the tool length in automatic mode.

Regards
    King

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    King explained it correctly! The Dialog11 only calculates the tool difference to your zero tools.
    So not like other controller the complete tool length...where the zero is always positioned on the “spindle nose”. But actually the controller should also calculates the length also in OM 1 when you have selected a tool there over “single block manual entry”.
    On our machine the display did not change. One always has to consider the difference to the zero tool if you want to control e.g. what infeed the machine is set to.