trainee and dialog 11

Thread: trainee and dialog 11

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

I have a little problem: I am supposed to train an apprentice to program on the Dialog 11. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be able to do it. He has all manuals and he can ask me whenever he wants. I have showed him several times how to do it.

He says he understands but it doesn’t seem like it: He can’t program the path correction and has difficulties with the contour description. I don’t know what else to do.

Are there any other possibilities? Is it possible to find exercises that he can do? Or does anybody have an idea how I can teach him?
    The guy is not so interested in his job. I went to the EMO with him but he was not so keen to look at the machines. Only on the motorway he showed interest: naming all types of cars and its advantages and disadvantages
    I said: ‘If you would know half as much about the dialog that you know about cars- then you would know more than me’
    I am helpless. Maybe somebody can help me out.

Thank you and regards

ducman72

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    You didn’t say how old your apprentice is. What does he learn at your firm?
    Maybe he wants that apprenticeship only as a starter to go to university? Those candidate are very difficult to deal with...coangry.gif
    If he want to make a living from his current job, then maybe you should make it clear to him that he will have to stand alone in front of a machine and won’t have anybody to ask.
    I know it’s not easy with young people…. I speak out of experience: I started my apprenticeship at the age of 14 and I was a lot more interested in girls, cars and motorbikes….tounge.gif

Regards
    Achim

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    Take simply contours as an example and then create a program with him. Then he needs to do it alone. But stay with him and tell him directly when he does mistakes before he continues the program.
    A few older examples should be available here in the forum – also for the Dialog 11 with finished programs and solutions. Just have a look at older post in the Deckel-Dialog-Forum.

Also have a look where his main problems are: if he has the manuals and can read everything, then he should think about his own abilities….

He has difficulties with the contour description.
    What is the problem? In the mathematical area ( calculate circle points) or in the general comprehension ( to enter a few numbers)? Are all points defined or does he has to calculate it himself? Or does the controller calculates the missing points?

. I said: ‘If you would know half as much about the dialog that you know about cars- then you would know more than me’

Maybe you need to talk about the possibility to quit the apprenticeship and find another one in the automobile industry??
    And I mean that serious. Either he learns to take his job serious, even if it’s not his favorite area, or he should not do it at all.
    Why did he start that apprenticeship, if he isn’t interested in that area? He has to answer these questions.
    Even in the car industry he will need to have some technical understanding or he will go down.
    He might not like it but with the trainee contract, he also agreed to fulfill his duties. Learning for example is one of them! If he doesn’t do anything for the apprenticeship, then I believe that a sufficient reason to kick him out.

Regards

Gerd
    Warning: this post contains my own personal opinion.