daewoo puma 200c tool setter

Thread: daewoo puma 200c tool setter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default daewoo puma 200c tool setter

i have a 1996 daewoo puma 200c with an 18t fanuc control. the machine has a tool setter but i have no info in the book on the correct way to use it. i want to be able to use it manually to touch tools off and i want to know if it can be used as part of a program to make sure the tools are still cutting at the right size. the tool arm will open and close with m-codes but that is as far as my daewoo book shows. is there anyone with the info to tell me how to use it correctly.i have checked with my local service center but have gotten nowhere, there answer for any question i have had is that the machine will not do that without even checking the model or serial numbers.

p.s.- i bought this machine used, maybe that is why they dont want to answer.
    any help i could get i would greatly appreciate it.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by spirowski; 01-30-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: differant title

Downloads
    Uploads

I've never used one to check offsets during a program, but I've used them to manually set tools.

1. Index the turret to the tool you want to set.
    2. Lower the Q-setter, and the display should show the GEOM offset page with the correct tool number highlighted.
    3. In HANDLE mode, move close (within .04 or so) to the contact point for Z.
    4. JOG until the tool touches the contact (the machine should stop when it touches). This should store the offset in Z.
    5. Jog off the contact, and repeat 1-4 for the X.

Repeat steps 1-5 for the remaining tools.

In MDI, activate the tool offset, i.e. T0101 for a tool that you can use to face the end of the part. Take a clean-up cut then ,before you move Z, set your G54 Z offset in the WORK offsets by moving the cursor to G54 typing "Z0" and press MEASUR. Your Z absolute should now read 0.

If the diamters are incorrect, you will probably want to adjust the probe parameters to correct them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default nice exp.

very nice exp. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    I've never used one to check offsets during a program, but I've used them to manually set tools.

2. Lower the Q-setter, and the display should show the GEOM offset page with the correct tool number highlighted.
    4. JOG until the tool touches the contact (the machine should stop when it touches). This should store the offset in Z.

In MDI, activate the tool offset, i.e. T0101 for a tool that you can use to face the end of the part. Take a clean-up cut then ,before you move Z, set your G54 Z offset in the WORK offsets by moving the cursor to G54 typing "Z0" and press MEASUR. Your Z absolute should now read 0.

If the diamters are incorrect, you will probably want to adjust the probe parameters to correct them.

Downloads
    Uploads

dcoupar gave a nice 'how to' explaination. I don't know of any way to touch tools off from within a program. I have serious doubts that it can be done on this lathe.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ofcoz you can check the tool with the qsetter. It is called automatic tool compensation in the manual. G36/G37....

Default Re: daewoo puma 200c tool setter

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post

Realize I'm reviving a dead post but I'm not finding anything more recent and this one's right on part.

I just acquired a 1997 Daewoo Puma 8S and am trying to figure out the tool setter. When pulling the arm down it does NOT go to the offset page. When the arm is down, it does go into a slow Jog mode and stops when it touches, and the red light comes on. But it does NOT put the value into the offset.

I manually typed the value into the offset, but when testing with a quick MDI program to take the tool to X0., it ends up about 4" off.

If someone can help me figure out what I'm missing I'd appreciate it. (I normally use Haas machines, so this is pretty different).

BTW, my control doesn't have a MEASUR button or TOOL SET button that I've read about elsewhere. I attached a pic of what my control looks like.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails daewoo puma 200c tool setter-img_7865-jpg