New machine feedback wanted

Thread: New machine feedback wanted

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New machine feedback wanted

Hi, I am considering buying a new Doosan DNM 6700 machining centre and would like to hear the good and bad from anyone who has one. The machine on offer is fitted with the Fanuc I Series (Oi-MF plus) control and has no probing for work or tool setup (it's being offered as an option), so I am wondering how hard / easy it is to set things like centre of a hole, middle of the workpiece etc on the control using a taster? The Hitachi that it will replace was easy...you just touched off a few spots, pressed a button and you had the middle/ center coordinates loaded into the offsets.
    What are your thoughts on the Ezi guide conversational programing?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New machine feedback wanted

Stick with standard ISO programming as it works across many controls
    Use a coaxil indicator to find center of the home and hit the measure function so all good

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 2021 dnm5700L with oimf+
    Great machine.
    Setting work offset is easy with the doosan software. Just select centre, corner etc.
    I use a taster, no probing. Also use a 50mm presetter on the table and set all tool with that using positive tool length.
    They are a great machine. Very ridgid for linear machine. Really fast. I have a 1gb data server. It is worth the extra $$$
    Mine was special order as the 5700L isn't stocked in Australia. I didn't order the wash down gun or the tool changer door but should have.
    Indent really have any serious complaints other than the following.
    The chip conveyor we get here in aust is a Korean made unit that is about 50mm to low to fit a 44gal drum under. If I was to order another I would see if we can get a higher chip conveyor.
    The manuals are a bit crap. They were written for the previous control so didn't match the machine.
    I wanted to run a big tool so followed instructions in the crap manual and didn't work. Then followed the 'know your doosan' YouTube instructions and still can't get it to change tools it wants to change tools but gets hung up when the arm attaches to both tools then times out and throws an alarm and have to recover the tool changer.
    Can't get an answer from local doosan dealer as to what I am doing wrong so keep this mind if using big tools. Maybe your dealer knows more on how this feature works than my dealer.
    The table seems soft. Marks easy but that may be very normal accross all makes.
    I think that cover everything.
    All in all a great machine. If in the market again I would buy another but would check out the cost of the new BVM5700 bridge mill first cause they look real good.
    Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New machine feedback wanted

Re the ezi guide. I did a few hours training on it with the dealer and it was clunky and tbh I wouldn't use it. I cam everything with fusion the fusion post for doosan 3 axis is great. Have Not found a prob with the post yet. Have the pc connected via ethernet. Quick and easy to post the program and retrieve from the pc and save to the data server and run.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Deano7/11 View Post
    Re the ezi guide. I did a few hours training on it with the dealer and it was clunky and tbh I wouldn't use it. I cam everything with fusion the fusion post for doosan 3 axis is great. Have Not found a prob with the post yet. Have the pc connected via ethernet. Quick and easy to post the program and retrieve from the pc and save to the data server and run.
    Thanks Deano, just the info I was after. I have a tech looking at the Hitachi next week and will decide which way to go...repair or replace.