15" OI TT1800SY

Thread: 15" OI TT1800SY

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 15" OI TT1800SY

My lead guy didn't come in today- took a personal day. End of last week morale was pretty low. The TT1800SY with the new 15" OI control has been on the floor 5 weeks and isn't machine ready because the tool load monitoring isn't working.

I wanted to buy a 31I model, but they are apparently not available anymore. This is not normal for us to have Doosans that can't be completed through floor install to an operable condition with no end in sight.

I don't have communication with anyone from corporate. We tried to reach out to Jamie Ochs for this but couldn't reach him. Ellison seems busy, I get the feeling they are not logistically able to support this install, because it has reached a technical level that is potentially beyond anyone they have to support it with.

This machine was apparently fielded before it was developed to a sale ready condition.

End of last week we put a third job in our 15" OI puma, and it had one episode where it spit us a bunch of the weird looking loads like the TT is outputting everywhere, but they were all spindle loads, and we just shut spindle monitoring off for that job. It seems 15" OI is not handling load monitoring like the 10.4" OI.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 15" OI TT1800SY

You do know that the footer of every post I've ever made here... Has my cell number and email address on it.

Doosan Service Technician
    darryl.hardt@doosanmt.com O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Downloads
    Uploads

I do have the classroom manuals for it,if you need. PM me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasR View Post
    I do have the classroom manuals for it,if you need. PM me.
    I appreciate finally reaching a person here. Ellison had an applications guy back on Monday of last week, and he was bouncing ladders and PLCs off Korean Doosan a couple times last week.

My sales guy told me today, he finally ran out of patience last Friday and pushed this to the top of Doosan infrastructure in Korea, and I guess they are working on ladder modifications to allow tool load monitoring to experience a "break event" and stop the machining process as it could in the 31I TT1800SY which we would have happily purchased for an additional $13,000 were it not for the fact we were told the 31I TT1800SY no longer existed for sale. This machine has cost us now about $144,000 in gross before cost run time at 24 hours a day if it was functioning within 3 weeks of arrival, which is only frustrating because a 31I TT would have eliminated this whole negative situation.

The OI TT1800SY is of course a totally different TT1800SY that has a lot of similarity to the old 31I TT1800SY but isn't the same machine. We are of course unhappy it's been 6 weeks here and isn't running, but it's getting worked on and we hope Korea figures it out and realizes machines need to be properly developed before sale, because we would like to run the job that is settup in this machine, and we would also like to know they have a solution that allows us to potentially buy another TT1800SY later.

Ellison is also going to attempt to install Fanuc "Machining condition select" in one of our OI Puma 2100SY II's and see if that allows us to use G05.1 R settings and tune G05.1 acceleration / deceleration for faster milling operations that feature a lot of lines of code. We are hoping to get a quote on AICC II look ahead for lathes also, and are hoping to figure out how to get an OI to run like a 31I, because the 31I appears to be about twice as fast through block read as the OI. So an operation that will run 110 lines a second in the 31I runs about 50 lines per second in the OI when the OI is standard configured, which is a minority operation but these operations do sometimes happen. This could potentially result in a less profitable TT1800SY if run times blow up with the cheaper control. In the Puma's the look ahead could result in a more nimble Puma 2100SY II that can optimize dynamic milling operations for run time reductions.

Other differences of the new OI TT1800SY II are that the machine now takes Puma 2100 SY II spindle liners, and coolant collectors, making it seem as though possibly the 2100 SY II spindle and actuator may have been employed in this machine. I think the 2100SY II spindle is a little slower, so hopefully it's just the hydraulic actuator.