Need Help! z offset setting on lynx 2100 lathe

Thread: z offset setting on lynx 2100 lathe

Question z offset setting on lynx 2100 lathe

Hi all,

as im a cnc miller varying from 3 axis upto 6 axis ive never really been allowed to be let loose on a cnc lathe till now, last time i was on a cnc lathe was about 25 years ago for 2 weeks in my apprenticship so needless to say it was nothing like the modern machines we have now.

ive tried googling as much as i can to help me out but the issue im having is ive been told how to set the z offset on the lathe by calling up a preset tool length via the setting arm.

ie.

1. t0101
    2. then touching on the end of the job with a piece of paper or similar.
    3. then typing "z0"
    4. "measure" on the screen keys

only nothing happens and all i get displayed is an error message "write protect" as if its parameter locked some how?

now i use this same method on all the other doosan millers we have and not once have i had a write protect issue like this when setting offsets.

Am i doing something wrong here?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: z offset setting on lynx 2100 lathe

It may be the work coordinate system you're trying to se is not active.

Try this:

MDI mode

T0101 G54; INSERT - CYCLE START

Now touch off your tool.

I could be wrong - it's been a couple of years.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like you are trying to measure from Manual Guide i side. Doit from the vanilla offset screen.
    You might need a decimal point also.

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    Sounds like you are trying to measure from Manual Guide i side. Doit from the vanilla offset screen.
    Sorry forgot to say, im not in manual guide i or ezi guide i as i dont use it only when i need to, also i did try it with a decimal pointand got the same result "write protect" its a 32i i believe as they stopped putting the no. On the top. Of the screen but thr machine is about 5 weeks old

See the attached image....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails z offset setting on lynx 2100 lathe-screenshot_20180909-110140-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

In your pic I can see you have 55 active. You can only measure for the active work offset. First activate 56 via MDI, then you can measure it. If your offset reverts to 54 on reset and this causes you issues. There is a parameter that controls that particular behavior. I dont recall the number.

In your pic I can see you have 55 active. You can only measure for the active work offset. First activate 56 via MDI, then you can measure it. If your offset reverts to 54 on reset and this causes you issues. There is a parameter that controls that particular behavior. I dont recall the number.
    Thanks for your reply, we finally sorted the issue.

We had to fully power the machine down and unplug it from the mains for about 30 seconds, after power up the measure option worked again, with g54 active from power up, it allowed me to set which ever z value we liked via the offset screen.

But ill bare what you said in mind as it might come in usful on another machine sometime