Need Help! Programing Fanuc OT in Daewoo 10

Thread: Programing Fanuc OT in Daewoo 10

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Programing Fanuc OT in Daewoo 10

Need help with getting the control to use the M98 command.It will rerun and offset OK but I can't make it stop at a given quanity.Just checked and made sure my book is for this control and it is.I used the following:M98 P 0406 (my prog.#)L2 (for # of repeats) G50 W1.85(step over). Tried with and without a M99 after this line,no difference.I do have an M30 at the end of the program.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Programing Fanuc OT in Daewoo 10

Why not post your sub program and the section of the main where it's called?

Downloads
    Uploads

My program is a simple Turn,Peck Drill and partoff. Don't hava a feeder setup so I just want to rerun the part twice then advance the material manualy.My book makes reference to using the letter P to call up a different # program and the letter L to use for a local program.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try this

Call to subroutine with repeats in the P address

M98 P51001 (Call O1001 five times)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by anr.red View Post
    My program is a simple Turn,Peck Drill and partoff. Don't hava a feeder setup so I just want to rerun the part twice then advance the material manualy.My book makes reference to using the letter P to call up a different # program and the letter L to use for a local program.
    I'm baffled. I've been programming Fanuc's since 1976, and I've never seen L used with a M98 to specify calling a "local" sub program on a 0T (or any other Fanuc that I recall). Haas, yes... Fanuc, no. L is sometimes used as a #of repeats.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have actually been using M98Qxxxx to call a subroutine with in the program (same as haas m97) it requires a parameter change and this was a fanuc 31 I and a fanuc om controls on vmc's
    with the parameter change it will also let you call a program Oxxxx (m98Pxxxx)
    it will also let you call an Nxxxx with that program(M98PxxxxQxxxx)
    I have not tried an L to see if it repeats

Downloads
    Uploads

Fascinating! Have you seen this in any Fanuc manuals?

Downloads
    Uploads

the first i heard of it was in this forum
    the original poster said the manuals doesn't describe it
    but with okuma wiz's post i looked into the parameters book (6005.0) and there is a very brief statement about it
    the idea is that you can use it to jump to a sub-program after (m30/m2) and it will return to the line after the m98 call
    this keeps my programs much more manageable instead of trying to find all the subroutines for the parts as this becomes a single program to recall when i need to run the job again

the post was M98 P/Q?

M98 P1000 will call a sub program in file O1000.

With 6005.0 set to 1, M98 Q1000 will Jump to line N1000 for the sub. This works well since line N1000 can be placed after the M2 and only one file is needed but can include multiple sub programs, so only one file to upload and download.

M198 will call a sub program on the external flash card. Handy when memory is at a minumum.

I know this is an old post, but wanted to add a tidbit to clarify how 6005.0 works.

Best regards,

PS: This works on the 0i control. Not sure about the 18...don't have one to try.