Need Help! ADVICE Looking into a 2003 Daewoo Lynx 210LC

Thread: ADVICE Looking into a 2003 Daewoo Lynx 210LC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ADVICE Looking into a 2003 Daewoo Lynx 210LC

Seeking any advice and input. Looking at purchasing my first used CNC machine. I've found a 2003 Daewoo Lynx 210LC that from the pictures appears to be in great shape. Im in Arizona and the Machine is in California. Before I make a trip out to look at it I'd like to hear some peoples thoughts on what to look out for and what type of questions to specifically ask. I have really only heard great things about the Daewoo/Doosan Lynx machines. Please help me from making any rash and regrettable mistakes.

Thanks

Harry

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ADVICE Looking into a 2003 Daewoo Lynx 210LC

I had a 2001 210L and it was a great and very accurate machine, I would of kept it if I had room. I upgraded to a 220lysc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ADVICE Looking into a 2003 Daewoo Lynx 210LC

Whenever validating a used machine for purchase the following added items will make you have way less stress...
    1. Check that the "Blue Book" is present as it is a paper version of the personality of the machine. (it should be located in the pocket, inside the door to the electrical cabinet.
    2. Do a PCMCIA or USB (specific to machine model) backup of all files, as well as an SRAM backup. That way if anything happens (AND IT ALWAYS DOES!!!) recovery is almost instantaneous...instead of tediously labor and time intensive. (always a GREAT idea to make a current backup file of every machine you have!)
    3. Four other manuals shipped with the machine when it was new, they are still available at a cost, but if you request them when reviewing a purchase, the current owner might be motivated to provide them.
    a. Electrical Edition (the version should match the number from the placard, two lines below the serial number)
    b. Parts Book
    c. Instruction manual (maintenance and specifications)
    d. Operations Manual

No longer with Doosan Machine Tools America
    darrylhardt@gmail.com