2600SY offset problems

Thread: 2600SY offset problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2600SY offset problems

Just got a new 2013 2600sy Fanuc 31i with sub live tooling the works and when you go to measure tools on the probe you bring the probe down it jumps to the offset for tool that it is indexed too on my 2500sy parameter 5005.5 set to a 1 will let me move to what ever offset I want so I can have a offset for the tool facing the main spindle and a offset facing the sub because I have holders that have tools on both side. I ask the tech that came in and set out machine to change this machine to work like my 2500sy and he tells me they took this option out of this model and it will he will need to change the ladder to make it work that way I just cant believe that they would change something like this any body else run into this?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I may be wrong, but 5005.5 is still QNI, so the 31 should be able to work exactly like your 18i when the Q-setter is used.

From the 18i parameter manual:

QNI The direct input of tool offset value measured B function and the
    direct input of offset value measured B for 2-spindle lathe:
    0 : Not automatically select the tool offset number
    1 : Automatically selects a tool offset number

From the 31i parameter manual:

QNI With the tool length measurement function, a tool compensation
    number is selected by:
    0: Operation through the MDI panel by the operator (selection
    based on cursor operation).
    1: Signal input from the PMC.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is odd with the Q setter up I change QNI to zero put the Q setter down and I can move to a different offset but when I raise the Q setter back up it changes QNI back to 1 by its self

Downloads
    Uploads

Just for grins, have you looked at all the Keep Relays listed in the blue "Bible" to see if maybe one of them might control this behavior? I don't have a copy, but you never know... worth a look.

Downloads
    Uploads

Apparently it does require a ladder mod to change this. Your dealer should be able to get this taken care of for you.

I'm with you... seems like a pretty drastic change that really didn't need to be made. Maybe someone crashed their machine by setting 5005.5 = 0.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well it did take a ladder edit to fix it I sent them my ladder they edited it an sent it back now when I set QNI to 0 it stays seems like the newer a machine is the harder they make it to use.

Downloads
    Uploads

the new puma 2600sy has a few extra built in safeties, i would like to think due to advanced technology as well as a decline in skilled labor in machine shops. Parameter 5005#5 is controlled in the ladder. There is an option for a switch to select manual offset select, x54#1 is the address for the switch. you can w search addresses r1396.0,r1396.1,r514.1,r604.2 and r604.3 to see how they intend for this function to be used. Your dealer likely removed the 11 nets for this from your ladder to make it like your older machines. Machine tool builders and control manufactures are constanlty working together try to prevent damage to machines and employees. We are starting to see machines running redundant ladders, redundant e-stop circuits and multiple pilz units on new machines. i know fanuc, siemens and heidenhien have this available. Unfortuantley we learn about these things as the machines hit the floor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Apparently it does require a ladder mod to change this. Your dealer should be able to get this taken care of for you.

I'm with you... seems like a pretty drastic change that really didn't need to be made. Maybe someone crashed their machine by setting 5005.5 = 0.
    That's exactly what happened.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2600SY offset problems

Noticed this on our brand new 2600sy ii this week. Not going to change it right away as it doesn't take much to manually input the required numbers for what I usually use this for; namely, rough boring with an insert drill. Good to know it can be done though.