HELP TO GCODE

Thread: HELP TO GCODE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP TO GCODE

I am very new to CNC machining and I am having some trouble with fonts and how to gcode fonts. I purchased my machine from a private seller and they will not communicate at all when it comes to questions on operating. The information he has given us is that we need a program such as Turbocad to draw our product, then a program like Cut2d to code everything. My CNC router runs off of Mach3 and at this point I am extremely confused. We hired someone who teaches CNC machining, but they are telling me I need so many other things and also takes entirely too long to code and cut product. LONG STORY SHORT: Can someone please tell me the easiest way to code our lettering that I currently have as a jpeg and give me any info that will help in this situation. I need a full step-by-step of how to turn an image into a gcode because I have no idea where to begin. If there is even someone willing to code items for us and email them back to me in the same day (to work with Mach3) that would be great. I am just frustrated because we are unable to use the machine and we are still cutting everything by jig saw...

Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP TO GCODE

Here is a link to tutorial for Cut2d Take a look and see if these help.
    Cut2D

Long story short, take a look at Vcarve Pro(not so pricey) or Aspire(pricey)

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Step one, you need a program to trace the lettering. Coreldraw will work, the free inkscape might work (a quick google of "inkscape+tracing" says it should...the jpg must be converted to black and white first and inkscape may or may not do that (corel can)

Step 2, you need to take the vector graphic results of the trace (scalable line drawing) and save as a format good for cut2d....save as a DXF for example (may not be the best file but probably best one to start with.

Step 3 you need to import the DXF into cut2d and scale up to final size.

Step 4 you need to make toolpaths in cut2d (pretty easy)

Step 5, post the toolpath to gcode formatted for mach3 by the correctly selected postprocessor.

If that doesn't make sense, you probably need to hire someone that knows the programs or CNC's well in general and get them to do it for you while you watch and learn.

Turbocad or similar could also be used to create drawing to import to cut2d (or cut2d itself has VERY limited drawing ability), but probably not needed for the workflow from .jpg file to cutting.

If you are in windows, do yourself a favor and buy coreldraw....works well with Vectric software and can be all the drafting you need once you get the hang of it.

Downloads
    Uploads

CorelDraw is a very great stuff, and you can get for 25 dollar per month..
    simply subscribe for..
    the corel 7 knows also bsplines, so when you export dxf you can open in autocad or in the free draftsight..
    draftsight is a ""clone"" of autocad.. works exactly same way..

however I would suggest to spend some little more..

im using artcam express, and with that you can trace the bitmap, means you can draw vectors around shapes you have in bitmap..

and gcode those vectors..
    with ac express you also can convert your bitmap to a ""relief"" that you can toolpath..
    it knows the automated inlay function too..

without you closing ac express you can simply pull up from express different tutorials..

at this moment express knows as much as other programs you buy for approx. 1000 or more..

so all your cost could be 150 plus the corel subscription for 25 per month..

testus333

using corel draw 15 but