Cut2D 1.5

Thread: Cut2D 1.5

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cut2D 1.5

Seasoned Cut2D users...Is there a setting I'm missing...I need to cut on just a straight line, but Cut2D informs me that a straight line is not a vector and will be ignored from the tool path, is there a workaround for this...

Thanks in advanced

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you use the draw polyline I tried and it works for me..

Lou

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Downloads
    Uploads

If you use a Profile tool path it should ignore the closed vector requirement.

If you want a V-groove or concave groove instead of a flat bottom cut that you get with a flat tip end mill, just insert the V-bit or ball nose tool you want to use and let the software keep thinking it is a flat nose end mill. You will need to set the maximum depth of cut you want in the software settings as usual for a profile cut. You have the options to cut on the vector or to either side of the vector.

You will not see a V-groove or concave groove in the simulation though.

It works this way in Vcarve Pro. I assume that Cut2D has similar capabilities.

CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com