Help with CSMIO/IP-M

Thread: Help with CSMIO/IP-M

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with CSMIO/IP-M

Hi, I need help wiring a CSMIO/IP-M smooth stepper as I just can’t read the online diagrams due to their resolution. Can anyone please let me know how I find out which output terminals to conect to the stepper motor driver. I also uderstand that I need a plugin to run this unit with mach3 but I don’t know the location of the plugin. Any help would be good. Thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ger21; 11-19-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Hi, I need help wiring a CSMIO/IP-M smooth stepper as I just can’t read the online diagrams due to their resolution. Can anyone please let me know how I find out which output terminals to conect to the stepper motor driver. I also uderstand that I need a plugin to run this unit with mach3 but I don’t know the location of the plugin. Any help would be good. Thanks.

https://en.cs-lab.eu/technical-support/download/manuals-firmware-plugin/csmio-series-manuals-and-firmware-plugin/csmioip-m-user-manuals-download/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robertspark View Post
    https://en.cs-lab.eu/technical-support/download/manuals-firmware-plugin/csmio-series-manuals-and-firmware-plugin/csmioip-m-user-manuals-download/

Plugin here

https://en.cs-lab.eu/technical-support/download/manuals-firmware-plugin/csmio-series-manuals-and-firmware-plugin/csmioipm-firmware-updates-download/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with CSMIO/IP-M smooth stepper

thanks chaps, looked at manual and being thich still unsure of a way to bypass the estop as i dont see a way it conects with the CSMIO
    any help with this would be good. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't realise that you posted this under smooth stepper.

CSMIO and the SMOOTH STEPPER are two totally different pieces of hardware that do almost the same thing from two totally different manufacturers.

Bypass the estop..... Explain please I don't understand what you are trying to do?

Basically the CSMIO/IP-M arrives as a box that accepts inputs and provides outputs.

You basically wire your fail safe +24v estop supply via a normally closed mushroom button to any input of the CSMIO/IP-M

Unless of course you have bought a estop relay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, thanks for reply. Re e stop. So if I have this correct. The e stop button switch just gets wired with both input and output to the input side terminals of the CSMIO. I just can’t figure out how that would work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I guess you are right about those manual images.... (I now have a big screen to look at).
    https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uplo...oipm_en_v2.pdf

Looking at the image on page 20/69 it indicates that the estop is connected from power supply GND (power supply pin 1) to the estop and then to Input Pin 1 (which is 0+ Input)

I would suggest looking at page 13/69 (although not clear) that you dont use the (-) pins unless you are not going to use ground (confusing note on the RHS (GND is not used in this case and itshould not be connected).

I suspect that the provision of (+) and (-) inputs means you have a means for using PNP and NPN sensor inputs and that is why they are provided that way.

Not a very good manual

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I think that the manual is set at a knowledge lever far higher then my own.

Downloads
    Uploads

Its not that complicated a manual, its just poorly written in my opinion

I've sent a query off to their technical support: support "at" cs-lab.eu

Hello,

Trying to help someone online with a query.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/machines-running-mach-software/370216-help-csmio-ip-m.html#post2235634

Would it be possible for you to provide a better images on page 18/69 and page 20/69 of this manual
    https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/user_manual_csmioipm_en_v2.pdf

Thanks,

Would it also be possible for you to explain the use of inputs (+) and inputs (-) given that the digital input connector drawing on page 13/69 is not clear and has a warning note that says:
    GND is not used in this case and it should not be connected.
    but does not actualy say what this note relates to (I am guessing that it relates to all of the (-) input pins.

are the (-) input pins the same as a GND connection or are they for PNP and NPN connections?

Thanks very much
    let you know what comes back

- - - Updated - - -

where in the UK are you? (I'm around liverpool)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with CSMIO/IP-M

Thanks, I have also send CS-Lab a note for better information but know reply. To sum up what I think is correct. I have wired a power supply as follows positive to pin1 , neg to pin2 , ground to pin 3 of the cs lab board. The e stop from power supply positive to input pin 1 of the input terminal block. I have taken feeds as per manual from the output terminal block to the stepper motor driver and a 2nd power supply provides power to this motor driver. I think that I am right in thinking that to make this system work with mach3 it needs to be connected to the pc and the cslabs plugin installed in mach3.. how I got this correct. Thanks. Michael

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    . I think that I am right in thinking that to make this system work with mach3 it needs to be connected to the pc and the cslabs plugin installed in mach3.. how I got this correct. Thanks. Michael
    Yes that is correct.

Note it may have or require a static IP address assigning to your ethernet port on your PC (not got the manual in front of me at the moment..... Most ethernet CNC devices work that way)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is the way I have it wired at the moment. is this correct?? michaelHelp with CSMIO/IP-M-drawing1-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with CSMIO/IP-M-drawing1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

just got a reply from the manufacturer with the attached schematic images M0 & M1 answers your question, you will need to link gnd to input pin 0 (-)

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all your help. Just got it all working, but CS-Labs did not make it easy. Thanks again. Michael