NVUM V2 Nightmare - Output signals

Thread: NVUM V2 Nightmare - Output signals

Default NVUM V2 Nightmare - Output signals

Hi.

Before I jump to my problem, I have to say that I have used various cheap BOB, which cost less than €25, and never had issues....

Now to my problem... so this time I wanted to get a more decent BOB and I settled on the NVUMV2 4 axis. It was great until I had to figure out that the onboard DC to DC convertor was dead. But this was no great issues as I supplied an external 12V to make my Inputs work (why I did not send it back you say, well because I bought from Lollette website, and these offer ZERO support... I mean none what so ever).

So anyways, this week I got my plasma machine and noticed that the OUTPUTS are not working ( or I cannot get them to work)!!!

So I ve noticed that the board switches the optocouplers to ground, hence I checked that I have ground in both GND1s and even on the optocop legs... I have also check that there is continuity from the OUTPUT pin to the optocop (if lets say we are testing OUTPUT1). I have even made a macro commanding to activate output1 and even others but I just get the blinking light from the Mach 3s diagnostic tab. I have checked that whilst having the spindle or mist or flood (M3,M7,M8) ACTIVE, there was no sign of voltage on the optocoupler, thus it looks the signal from Mach3 is not being sent, however I am highly doubt this!!!!??? BtW I am trying to operate and 12V relay with an external power source.

Can someone shed some light here please? Should I look more into Mach 3 settings?

I have asked the manufacturer to send my the latest wireware ( still waiting on their reply)?

Please let me know if you need more details for your understanding.

I thank all of you in advance!

Dim

Similar Threads:

Default Re: NVUM V2 Nightmare - Output signals

Hi again guys....

I fixed the problem and I am writing here so that if someone ends up in my situation, I would maybe help or shed some light.

The issues with the NVUM board is that the OUTPUT pins are assigned to PORT#2 !!!

I would have never assumed this not even in a million years... I managed to find this information on the installation guide of the NVUM. It was a lack from my end of not noticing/omitting this information.

Cheers...

Dim

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by d3workz View Post
    Hi again guys....

I fixed the problem and I am writing here so that if someone ends up in my situation, I would maybe help or shed some light.

The issues with the NVUM board is that the OUTPUT pins are assigned to PORT#2 !!!

I would have never assumed this not even in a million years... I managed to find this information on the installation guide of the NVUM. It was a lack from my end of not noticing/omitting this information.

Cheers...

Dim
    I don't think you are the only one to get caught with that, but worth posting about for others that have the same problem

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mactec54
    Any chance of sharing your wiring diagram, I am running the board with a THC. I should say trying to.
    even some mach 3 settings wold be good. Any help would be great

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    sorry meant to ask d3workz

Downloads
    Uploads

@3dworkz, I have just purchased a NVUM card and I'm struggling to get the outputs to control a relay. How did you manage to get it to work? I have my output ports set to 2. Do you have a wiring diagram or pictures?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by d3workz View Post
    Hi.

Before I jump to my problem, I have to say that I have used various cheap BOB, which cost less than €25, and never had issues....

Now to my problem... so this time I wanted to get a more decent BOB and I settled on the NVUMV2 4 axis. It was great until I had to figure out that the onboard DC to DC convertor was dead. But this was no great issues as I supplied an external 12V to make my Inputs work (why I did not send it back you say, well because I bought from Lollette website, and these offer ZERO support... I mean none what so ever).

So anyways, this week I got my plasma machine and noticed that the OUTPUTS are not working ( or I cannot get them to work)!!!

So I ve noticed that the board switches the optocouplers to ground, hence I checked that I have ground in both GND1s and even on the optocop legs... I have also check that there is continuity from the OUTPUT pin to the optocop (if lets say we are testing OUTPUT1). I have even made a macro commanding to activate output1 and even others but I just get the blinking light from the Mach 3s diagnostic tab. I have checked that whilst having the spindle or mist or flood (M3,M7,M8) ACTIVE, there was no sign of voltage on the optocoupler, thus it looks the signal from Mach3 is not being sent, however I am highly doubt this!!!!??? BtW I am trying to operate and 12V relay with an external power source.

Can someone shed some light here please? Should I look more into Mach 3 settings?

I have asked the manufacturer to send my the latest wireware ( still waiting on their reply)?

Please let me know if you need more details for your understanding.

I thank all of you in advance!

Dim
    To use the outputs on these boards, what I have figured out is you need to provide external power to what you are trying to run as well and send the ground back to output pin and feed output ground with ground wire from main ground. then you can run router by enabling the output 1 port and using the spindle toggle button in mach 3

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NVUM V2 Nightmare - Output signals-nvum-output-setup-jpg  
    Last edited by krazyjay95; 12-03-2022 at 10:42 PM. Reason: more info

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by krazyjay95 View Post
    To use the outputs on these boards, what I have figured out is you need to provide external power to what you are trying to run as well and send the ground back to output pin and feed output ground with ground wire from main ground. then you can run router by enabling the output 1 port and using the spindle toggle button in mach 3

That's how an 'open collector' is used.
    That's how the internal/external controls and their varied voltages are kept isolated from each other.

Learn more on how 'open collectors' and 'photoelectric isolators' are used and are wired.