nMotion controller and PM-940M-cnc-vs

Thread: nMotion controller and PM-940M-cnc-vs

Default nMotion controller and PM-940M-cnc-vs

Has anyone been able to make a nMotion control card work with Mach3 consistently? I got a PM-940M-cnc-VS milling machine even though I had advised against it. All posts about it that I can find on the internet is that the nMotion card was unreliable and the mill had a lot of quality issues. So far, they were right. But I am stubborn. I was sure I could get everything working if I tried hard enough. I have been proven wrong.

So I could use a little help with a few things:

The nMotion card randomly disconnects and locks up Mach3. Debounce set to 3000 seemed to help but 20 minutes later it disconnected again and took many restarts of the computer before it would connect again.

Z-axis is very noisy. Lots of rattling. The control box covers the access slot and looks like a big chore to remove. I don't want to do it unless I have to.

Backlash on X and Y is 0.004". Not acceptable. How is the best way to adjust for this?

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks