UCNCV4 usb cnc controller board with opto isolation and relays and offline functions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UCNCV4 usb cnc controller board with opto isolation and relays and offline functions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default UCNCV4 usb cnc controller board with opto isolation and relays and offline functions

The board is not bad at a glace. The MFG seems to have abandoned it. UCNCV4 http://www.variometrum.com/PDF/USBCNC_csatolo_ENG.pdf produced by https://variometrum.hu/ still has for the moment the PDF file available. I have removed the metal can from the board to expose the MAIN processor. it is a pic18lf4550-i/pt with a programing port next to it. I'll post the pinouts when I get the chance. There is a secondary processor on the board with a programming port as well. stm8s903k3t6c again I'll post the programing header when I get the chance.. Different web sites seem to claim different functions. some say usbcnc control software only otheres talk about mach3 support...... I have the CD that came with it I have yet to look at it...

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by berin; 09-03-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UCNCV4 usb cnc controller board with opto isolation and relays and offline functi

Package include:
    1 x 4 axis USBCNC breakout board
    1 x Hand controller
    1 x USB Cable
    CD include with English user manual and software and register code.
    This is Video download address:ddcnc.com/file/usbCNCV4.rar

1. Products brief introduction
    USBCNCV4.0 is a high performance motion controller which based on PC software USBCNC control, the system can complete the convers$

2. Computer system requirement

???????????????? ???????????????
    1) CPU:1GHz
    2) Memory: 512MB
    3) 500MB free disk space
    4) DIRECTX9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    5) USB 2.0 interface
    6) Net FRAMEWORK 3.5SP1

???????????????? ????????
    1) CPU:2GHz
    2) Memory: 2GB;
    3) 1G free disk space
    4) DIRECTX9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    5) USB 2.0 interface
    6) Net FRAMEWORK 3.5SP1

3.Production appearance and size
    1. After the revision,V4 version using the red PCB board, PCB size is 135.3*82.5mm.;
    2. The front of the narrow edge placed with USB communication interface and DB9 hand control interface for the convenience of cus$
    3. The back-end of narrow edge is power input and output interface and 3 relay output interface; relay is strong interference sou$
    4. One of the two wide sides is stepper motor and principal axiscontrol signal output;
    5. The another side of two wide sides is the emergency stop, manual speed input, limiting input interface; one side for the input$
    6. 5V and 12V power module compact independence, security, stability;
    7. External ensure the stability of the system work effectively with crystal active and main control chip shield;

8. The software is USBCNC,not mach3,pls note!

4.Detailed functional introduction
    A. Card input voltage: 15~36V;
    B. Limit port working voltage: 12V;
    C. Stepper motor control signal output voltage: 5V;
    D. External power supply voltage: 12V;
    Note: marked 15~36VDC is input interface, marked 12V is output interface, can not wiring wrong.

5.Function and definition of each module

A) USB interface, connect to the computer USB port through this interface,you can use the software usbcnc to control this board, this USB interface is the square B interface,please use USB2.0 connection cable which with shielding and ma$

B) Hand control box interface, external hand control box can use this interface to access the system, the interface is standard DB9 form, its definition as shown in the following table.

C) Power indicator, as shown in figure the above D10 indicator is the front-end USB power indicator, this light lit up after USB port connection with computer , D2 in below is the back -end power indicator light, this light also will li$

D) Board card firmware upgrade button UP and reset button RST, firmware has been updated, so upgrade button don?t need to use, reset button be used when need to restart due to the board fault.

E) Manual speed control interface,wiring connection mode as shown in the following figure .

F) Limit input interface. Limit interface definitions are listed in the following table in the user manual

G) Spindle control selector switch, as shown in Figure 1-6, the switch shift up to the S1 position for the spindle speed control ; switching switch position On below for output control MIST relay .

H) External pause and reset interface; the 2 feet marked PAUSE connect suspend switch, 2 feet marked RESET connection reset switch.

I) Software MIST control relay output, software settings output marked 3, defined from top to bottom, 3 feet is NC, NO, COM.

J) Software FLOOD control relay output ,output marked 2 in the software settings , defined from top to bottom, 3 feet is NC, NO, COM.

K) Software SPINDLE control relay output , output marked 1 in the software settings , defined from top to bottom, 3 feet is NC, NO, COM.

L) Board working power input, levels above negative below as the board signed, please pay attention to input DC 15~36V, overvoltage or reverse connection will damage the board.

M) 12V output interface. as the board marked, GND is -, 12V is +.

N) Spindle control output interface: definitions turn for GND DIR PWM2 12V, respectively is ground,direction signal output, spindle 0~10V speed control signal output, 12V output.

O) A axis stepper motor control signal output, the definition is:CK+CK-DIR+DIR-,respectively is impulsion positive, impulsion negative, direction positive, direction negative, the board using common anode connection method, so CK+ and D$

P) Z axis stepper motor control signal output, the definition is CK+CK-DIR+DIR-, respectively for pulse positive, pulse negative, direction positive , direction negative, the board using anode common connection method, so CK+ and DIR+ l$

Q) Y axis stepper motor control signal output, the definition is CK+CK-DIR+DIR-,respectively for pulse positive, pulse negative, direction positive , direction negative, the board using anode common connection method, so CK+ and DIR+ li$

R)X axis stepper motor control signal output, the definition is CK+CK-DIR+DIR-,respectively for pulse positive, pulse negative, direction positive , direction negative, the board using anode common connection method, so CK+ and DIR+ lin$

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UCNCV4 usb cnc controller board with opto isolation and relays and offline functi

"The Faster CNC manual control box" the hand held controller with a DB9 connector. it is prob a matrix control I'll do more probing later but as is the inside of the box has 10 wires 9 are used. NO shielding wire.
    red 1 orange 2 purple 6 white 7 green 3 gray 8 yellow 4 blue 9 black 5 I'm not about to PEEL off the face to get a look at the membrane circuits. all details posted about the manual control box are the wires INSIDE the box going to the membrane.

Last edited by berin; 09-21-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did some probing finally, the HEADER on the board for P2 5 pin header next to the DB9. from the PIN closer to the db9 goes to PGC, PGD, GROUND, VDD/PIN7, MCLR The PGC also connects to U3 opto isolator, MCLR connects to U4 opto isolator. u3 and u4 are direct TRACES to the optos from the header pins. Please let me know if this helps any one? ALSO I would assume CNCDUDEZ CODE COULD work on this board with some adjustments?

Downloads
    Uploads

I just realized something.. The board I have is a little difference version wise then the PDF one. only one aspect is different. The upper right hand corner near the spindle control mine has the second micro controller. I'm not really sure what its function is I have not had time to probe it.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Some great new information!!!!! the UCNCV4 is produced by https://planet-cnc.com and the ucncv4's are dirt cheap almost give away prices from aliexpress amazon and other sources. I have gotten a few of them now just buy purchasing parts and they have been tossed in as an EXTRA... So where am I going with this? every new UCNCV4 I have gotten has come with a CD and the cd has a license key on it. the software from https://planet-cnc.com recognizes the driver and updates the firmware and exceps the registration. https://planet-cnc.com now has a windows and linux versions of there software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Got a hold of Planet-cnc tech support finally... according to planet cnc the board is a chines counterfeit. And a very well done counterfeit I might add. I did not install the software that came with it. which for me is the same with all china (crap) I dont trust the software. I am going to assume when I let the planetcnc official software update the board I likely overwrote a custom hacked firmware that had other features enabled. By default there are a number of functions that are not enabled by the FREE DIY software version (unfortunately). The knock off that I have the UCNCV4 is based on this https://planet-cnc.com/diy/ and this is based on the discontunued MK1 cnc controller. The DIY and the MK1 are the same controller minus a few features by planet-cncs design, even though its the same controller chip. After testing the board I have had no issues with it, Planetcnc's software was very easy to setup and get settings correct. In hind sight I do wish I had tested the china crap "version" of the planetcnc software if I had a disposable windows install computer setup. Sadly at this time frame of testing the laptop I would have tested has a failed rechargeable bios battery and will not post. My opinion of the board, the UCNCV4 it is a very very well designed board. it has 3 onboard 15amp relays everything is opto isolated. This board would be a very VERY good candidate to be modded for GRBL or https://www.klipper3d.org/ . klipper out preforms GRBL at a historical level for step rates.

Downloads
    Uploads

Some more cool news, So I have finally had some time to really fully play with the software from planetcnc and the UCNCV4 board. I now have the Z tool height probe setup and working, the spindle speed control and some off sets all working with great success. I would likely describe planet cnc's software as almost plugnplay in regards to the basic level of set up needed to get the system up and running. And its not designed with a heavy learning curve right off the bat. The options ARE there for very advanced features, but the software is designed with common defaults I guess you could say. Planet CNC hardware/software. I would say worth the money. Two thums up, no pinocchios.

Hi Berin!

Thanks for the information on this board, really helpful!

I just bought this board, can you help me with VFD and UCCv4 wiring?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have not done anything with that aspect. but unless I am mistaken you need to use an adapter that converts PWM to voltage. There are a number of opensource adapters you can build. depending on what version VFD you have. Will tell you what you need. A CM112 may work for you. What you are looking for is a "frequency to voltage spindle controller schematic" or pre-built device.
    There are opensource designs using logic chips, pic micro controllers, arduinos like attiny. I almost built an adapter once, a nice scheamtic that was designed by a russian I believe?
    https://forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot...pindle-control is an other one to look at also.
    https://openbuilds.com/builds/softwa...rom-mach3.762/
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnz6dkminw...Relay+OutBoard

From the manual:
    Use RC controller:
    Generates RC servo or ESC compatible signal on the spindle speed pin.
    Lo/Hi:
    Minimum / Maximum values of RC servo speed range.
    Use PWM:
    Generates PWM signal.
    Freq:
    PWM base frequency

one could try using a resistor/cap with the PWM pin on the USBCNC but again I have not messed with that feature. I've always just kept a simple turn knob for speed control and 99% of what I need uses max rpm.

Last edited by berin; 05-24-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Morty_R7 View Post
    Hi Berin!

Thanks for the information on this board, really helpful!

I just bought this board, can you help me with VFD and UCCv4 wiring?
    Two bits of advice, first watch out that your gcode does not have movements that are to fine. the processor can become data starved because it can not processes so many micro movement commands. it gets worse if you have higher levels of microstepping in the motor controller your connecting to.
    Second
    cool ya I love mine works great!!! I will give you one MAJOR WORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE EXTRA CAREFUL WITH THE PSU CONNECTING TO THE USBCNCV4. THE GREEN PLUG IS NOT KEYED AND YOU CAN PLUG IT IN BACKWARDS OR TO A SIDE. YOU WILL BLOW THE BOARD AND ANY CONNECTED BOARDS IF YOU DO. THE WRONG LOCATION WILL PUT +V DIRECTLY TO GROUND.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    The board is not bad at a glace. The MFG seems to have abandoned it. UCNCV4 http://www.variometrum.com/PDF/USBCNC_csatolo_ENG.pdf produced by https://variometrum.hu/ still has for the moment the PDF file available. I have removed the metal can from the board to expose the MAIN processor. it is a pic18lf4550-i/pt with a programing port next to it. I'll post the pinouts when I get the chance. There is a secondary processor on the board with a programming port as well. stm8s903k3t6c again I'll post the programing header when I get the chance.. Different web sites seem to claim different functions. some say usbcnc control software only otheres talk about mach3 support...... I have the CD that came with it I have yet to look at it...
    Hi Berin,

I have one of these boards but the STM8 is bad (there is a burn hole in it). By chance do you have an ST-link you can read out the flash and eeprom (ST Visual Programmer) from your board, and post here? I would like to replace the part but I need the firmware.

Thank you,

David

Downloads
    Uploads

...stm8s903k3t6c
    berin,

I have this controller but the stm8s903k3t6c was left not programmed. Do you have a ST-link that you can read the programs and EEPROM data out and post the hex file?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never pulled or tried to pull the code from it. Nor have I ever gotten around to trying to do anything with it. what features are not working on your controller as a whole? believe it or not I was planning on doing some work on my cnc and getting my rotory A finally setup and working. so I'll see if I can get a look at that port. I dont believe I ever got around to fully pinning out the port to be sure if its a programming port or not. If it isnt then I'd have to desolder the chip to toss in the programmer to read it. which I'm not keen on doing currently.

Downloads
    Uploads

FYI I JUST ordered an ST-LINK v2 adapter. I dont have one currently so who knows, I'll receive it in a few days. Some good news I did solder JST headers onto those locations (the programming ports or so I believe them to be) so when I get the adapter we will see.

Downloads
    Uploads

FYI I JUST ordered an ST-LINK v2 adapter. I dont have one currently so who knows, I'll receive it in a few days. Some good news I did solder JST headers onto those locations (the programming ports or so I believe them to be) so when I get the adapter we will see.
    Hi Berin

Awesome!

What is not working is the PWM and VSO on connector N).

I have the SWITCH G) to the TOP and the SW configured to use OUT3. I can see the signal on the ST8 pin 24 (PC7 TIM1_CH2) but nothing on Pin 16 (PB0 TIM1_CH1).

Not much is connected on the STM8. Only pin 1-nRST , 4 GND, 5 VCAP 6 VDD, Pin 16 PB0 , 24 PC7, 26 SWIM are connected.

nRST has an RC on it.
    PC7 has the one side of the SW G connected (UP position). The center of the SW is the OPTO out of the PIC OUT3. The other pole is the input to the transistor on the MIST relay. (Down position)

PB0 goes to a Transistor that's output is connected to 2 10Ks one goes the the LM358 (section 2) as a voltage follower on to connector N PWM.
    The other section is identical but has a 100uF cap on the input to the LM358 (section 1) as a voltage follower on to connector N SVO.

If I jumper PC7 to PB0 - I can get PWN and a voltage on connector N. So I suspect the STM8 is used to for a Freq to Freq converter.

Yes the SWIM is broken out to P11.

On the STM8 the debug connector P11 pinout is
    1 VCC (most inboard)
    2 SWIM
    3 RST
    4 GND (realy end)

Note P11 does not match the standard ST-Link V2 SWIM header pin order. (The lager connector on the ST-Link has separate pins to it is easy.) see https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resou...DM00026748.pdf

For the STM8 you will need the ST Visual Programmer https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en...stvp-stm8.html

Thanks for you help!

David

Downloads
    Uploads

My st-link v2 just showed up and my if needed replacement 74hc14's for my hobbycnc stepper controller just showed up as well. now that I have those parts its worth taking things apart again. this weekend I'll look at diving in. I have a 4 axis hobbyccn controller. I'll spare the back story but there was an issue my own fault. and for some reason my 4th axis does not step. seems to hold and adjust torque just fine with the POT for adjustments etc..... I'd like to have my rotory axis working. regardless now that I have the replacement chips. I figure no point to pull everything apart till I had all the parts I needed. There are only 2 things that can be failed, ether the 74hc14 is bad, or the motor controller driver chip is NFG.. regardless while I have everything apart I'll see if I can pull the code.

Downloads
    Uploads

St's website seems to be broken. I can not download the software. It just endlessly sends me in a circle of create an account, check email, email checked link clicked, thanks for verifying. lets make an account to download, sent check email. email link clicked back to lets make an account.

Downloads
    Uploads

St's website seems to be broken. I can not download the software. It just endlessly sends me in a circle of create an account, check email, email checked link clicked, thanks for verifying. lets make an account to download, sent check email. email link clicked back to lets make an account.
    It is never simple

What happens if you visit https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en.html and click login first?

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally I just found a direct link to the software. What a nightmare..... I'm guessing the web master's are/were doing updates or something along those lines. I could log in but every time I had tried to download the file it would send me a verification link. Literally lets download the file. click download to continue, verification link emailed please check your email. WTF? I'm logged in and verified!! AGAIN??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast