Need Help! Help with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card

I bought the NVUM v2 Control board in a pakcgae deal with the TB6660 Stepper drivers. These are wired to the 4 Nema 23 Stepper motor on a CNC build similar to the Workbee. I configured everything according to manuals and it was acting like it was losing steps. Mark start point, do a toolpath and when it ends and goes back to Home, it was about 12 mm off on the X axis. Ive since tried to reconfiguire the settings and verified, and verified and Now when I launch Mach3 with the Plugin installed and NVUM powered on, its giving me a message about selecting a BIN file If I dont select one it says upgrade failed and continuers to ask for a BIN file. IN my experience a BIN file would most likely be a firmware flash for the Controller card. Where do I find this, since the Parent site NVCNC.net has nothing like that to download.and the supplier in china Aliexpress (jacky Bulk Man 3d) is Not responding to my email?
    Help with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card-20180624_111534-jpgHelp with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card-20180624_111542-jpgHelp with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card-20180624_111558-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

It happened to me today, now neither USB works anymore.I think you have to rewrite the firmware.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kmargos View Post
    It happened to me today, now neither USB works anymore.I think you have to rewrite the firmware.
    I have same problem, agere can i find the bin file?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdragon View Post
    I bought the NVUM v2 Control board in a pakcgae deal with the TB6660 Stepper drivers. These are wired to the 4 Nema 23 Stepper motor on a CNC build similar to the Workbee. I configured everything according to manuals and it was acting like it was losing steps. Mark start point, do a toolpath and when it ends and goes back to Home, it was about 12 mm off on the X axis. Ive since tried to reconfiguire the settings and verified, and verified and Now when I launch Mach3 with the Plugin installed and NVUM powered on, its giving me a message about selecting a BIN file If I dont select one it says upgrade failed and continuers to ask for a BIN file. IN my experience a BIN file would most likely be a firmware flash for the Controller card. Where do I find this, since the Parent site NVCNC.net has nothing like that to download.and the supplier in china Aliexpress (jacky Bulk Man 3d) is Not responding to my email?
    Help with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card-20180624_111534-jpgHelp with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card-20180624_111542-jpgHelp with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card-20180624_111558-jpg
    I have had the same problem after six months use started getting load BIN file message. Anyway after much searching found BIN file and loaded it all good again. the BIN file can be downloaded from following link on the Novusun web page. https://www.nvcnc.net/nvum.html Button bottom middle of screen. Or direct link https://www.nvcnc.net/pdf/nvum.bin.rar

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Galoptic View Post
    I have had the same problem after six months use started getting load BIN file message. Anyway after much searching found BIN file and loaded it all good again. the BIN file can be downloaded from following link on the Novusun web page. https://www.nvcnc.net/nvum.html Button bottom middle of screen. Or direct link https://www.nvcnc.net/pdf/nvum.bin.rar

John
    I found this board on a Search, not here however or I would not be asking this. How many people are using this control board? NVUM USB MACH3 Card V2
    problems or pitfalls? USA Vendors?

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    if you post on the Mach forum with a NVUM board you will be informed that the company is on the 'Hall of Shame' list for peddling
    pirate Mach3 copies and you will be denied assistance.

I don't get you Yankees....you have a trade war going on with China claiming they are undermining your economy and yet here you are trying to buy
    this rubbish? You have manufacturers in the US making superb boards with full back-up...yet you want to save a few dollars at American workers
    expense?.

NVUM, or whatever they call themselves, DO NOT SUPPORT their products, if they've got your money you take 'take a hike' as far as they are concerned.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    if you post on the Mach forum with a NVUM board you will be informed that the company is on the 'Hall of Shame' list for peddling
    pirate Mach3 copies and you will be denied assistance.

I don't get you Yankees....you have a trade war going on with China claiming they are undermining your economy and yet here you are trying to buy
    this rubbish? You have manufacturers in the US making superb boards with full back-up...yet you want to save a few dollars at American workers
    expense?.

NVUM, or whatever they call themselves, DO NOT SUPPORT their products, if they've got your money you take 'take a hike' as far as they are concerned.

Craig
    Hey guess what you do not need to use the pirated version IF you buy a license. That is what I did and right on their website they tell you that. Show me a USA Made board with USB interface built in?

Or this https://buildyourcnc.com/item/electr...ach3-USB-Board is it made in USA?

Last edited by wmgeorge; 03-21-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    no that board is Chinese made and is absolute junk, even by comparison to the NVUM. See any number of posts on the Mach forum about this board
    and its many clones.....no manufacturer support at all.

PMDX-412 is a single port USB connected motion controller, US made and supported.

I would not recommend USB, it is just too noise prone. Get an Ethernet connected board like an ESS, again US made and supported with a dedicated
    forum, Mach3 AND Mach4 compatible. Retails at $180USD so is little more than the NVUM.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    no that board is Chinese made and is absolute junk, even by comparison to the NVUM. See any number of posts on the Mach forum about this board
    and its many clones.....no manufacturer support at all.

PMDX-412 is a single port USB connected motion controller, US made and supported.

I would not recommend USB, it is just too noise prone. Get an Ethernet connected board like an ESS, again US made and supported with a dedicated
    forum, Mach3 AND Mach4 compatible. Retails at $180USD so is little more than the NVUM.

Craig
    It is cost that a lot look at and the NVUM is very good as far as cost goes I have helped some user's get up and running with these units, most already have Mach3 so are not using the software that comes with it

They are not junk as you say and are very well made, you obvious have not had your hands on one, electronically challenged user's are always going to say they are junk if they can't get them running and yes in most cases the Ethernet model is the best choice but the USB can be just as good in some situations, the ESS is the only one that is a comparison and user's have problems setting that up as well, with around the same amount of help so it is all about cost more than anything else

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mac for chiming in.

If I have a license for both Mach3 & 4 does that make the board ok to use Craig? I have an industrial rated USB shielded cable I use now on my keyboard with my Mach4 machine and its fine.

My new machine will not have a spindle or VFD and because of a medical event in my life I have downsized a lot. You do what you need to do.

The other board I referenced above is sold by a US Distributor with US support, how is that not a good deal?

Our dear president has pissed off just about everyone in the world including our former allies. The Chinese who now make our pharmaceuticals and medical masks and other supplies are now our enemy, but wait.. now people are dying from a lack of those same supplies. Lets be friends again. Craig, they make all our computers, cell phones, tvs' and yes even MRI machines. etc and other electronics so how can a CNC control board be junk, just because its made in China?

BTW I am looking at the PMDX series and I may go that route because I would rather run Mach4.

Last edited by wmgeorge; 03-22-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

If I have a license for both Mach3 & 4 does that make the board ok to use Craig?
    Well yes according to mactec54, although I don't know whether you will receive any support on the Mach forum.
    It still begs the question why you'd rather support Chinese workers rather than American workers....especially as American manufacturers support their products.
    When it comes to Chinese boards you send an email to China......in a galaxy far far away.

The other board I referenced above is sold by a US Distributor with US support, how is that not a good deal?
    It may be sold in the US but is made in China and if you can find any manufacturers support ANYWHERE you are doing better than hundreds
    of people on the Mach Forum.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Well yes according to mactec54, although I don't know whether you will receive any support on the Mach forum.
    It still begs the question why you'd rather support Chinese workers rather than American workers....especially as American manufacturers support their products.
    When it comes to Chinese boards you send an email to China......in a galaxy far far away.

It may be sold in the US but is made in China and if you can find any manufacturers support ANYWHERE you are doing better than hundreds
    of people on the Mach Forum.

Craig
    Craig, the board is supported by a USA seller, did you not see the Link I put up? Yes I am looking at the PMDX 416 as I would like to run Mach4.
    A picture of the board you say is made in China?

Help with Novusun NVUM V2 USB control card-img_20181228_145312__01-800-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Thanks Mac for chiming in.

If I have a license for both Mach3 & 4 does that make the board ok to use Craig? I have an industrial rated USB shielded cable I use now on my keyboard with my Mach4 machine and its fine.

My new machine will not have a spindle or VFD and because of a medical event in my life I have downsized a lot. You do what you need to do.

Our dear president has pissed off just about everyone in the world including our former allies. The Chinese who now make our pharmaceuticals and medical masks and other supplies are now our enemy, but wait.. now people are dying from a lack of those same supplies. Lets be friends again. Craig, they make all our computers, cell phones, tvs' and yes even MRI machines. etc and other electronics so how can a CNC control board be junk, just because its made in China?

BTW I am looking at the PMDX series and I may go that route because I would rather run Mach4.
    Yes if you want to run Mach4 then you will need one of the other boards both are not always easy to get up and running the smooth stepper is the best choice so far for Mach4 users, the PMDX I have not seen any negative posts about it but there may not be many user's also

If you did get a NVUM get the Ethernet connect

What's the name of that board

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Bitsenser . I am inclined to go with PMDX ones as I like Mach4.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    among its other names is RnR Motion and it is has no manufacturer backup.......if you don't believe me go and read the dozens of posts
    about them on the Mach Forum.

PMDX is the polar opposite and enjoys the BEST reputation for back up on any Mach ready board.
    The ESS by Warp9 must come a close second.......have a look at the efforts of Andy, the Warp9 support man on the Warp9 forum,
    8 hours a day, five days a week.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    among its other names is RnR Motion and it is has no manufacturer backup.......if you don't believe me go and read the dozens of posts

Once again... it has support here : https://buildyourcnc.com/item/electr...ach3-USB-Board

Downloads
    Uploads

Bitsenser . I am inclined to go with PMDX ones as I like Mach4.
    Ok I found it on line don't know that controller Board but for $20 you can't expect much, I may get one when I have time, to have a play with it and see what it can do, the NVUM is a much better Board controller I'm sure it would work for most simple machine setups, the PMDX or the ESS is your best choice for Mach4 though

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Once again... it has support here : https://buildyourcnc.com/item/electr...ach3-USB-Board
    Yes it is well documented and if you don't need anymore than 100KHz output ( which most don't ) is really a good deal for $20

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Once again... it has support here
    Then have at it. Don't believe any of the dozens of posts about them on the Mach forum.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

HI,

what kind of support you have from linked seller? The board at China costs less than $20 (approx 13€ with shipping).
    Just take a look at the Mach forum. It's up to you that live in belief that paying $90 for a $20 product will provide you a quality support.

Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast