Need Help! Random E-Stop signals

Thread: Random E-Stop signals

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Random E-Stop signals

Hi, A few years ago I bought this set:

CNC Bauteile -- 5 Achsen Interface + 4 X Einzel-Schrittmotor-Steuerung M542H | eBay

I'm just now getting to set up a portal mill and am having odd problems with it. If I hook up limit switches I can't get Mach3 to reset to allow the steppers to move. Mach3 says "external E-Stop activated". I have checked the wiring about 50 times and replaced all cables with one shielded cable per limit switch. This goes for the e-stop as well. If I disconnect the limit switches it will work for a few seconds to a minute and then stop again. In the diagnostics screen, there is no indication that the e-stop was activated. Running G-code has no effect. Configuring Mach3 to run without e-stop and disconnecting the cable seems to extend the amount of time before it shows up again.

Normally I would guess RF-noise but I have everthing in a grounded metal housing and all cables are shielded so I don't see how that's possible.

If anyone has experience with this set or can make a suggestion what to check next I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Random E-Stop signals

A few prior posts on the subject.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/phase-...d-spindle.html
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks but that isn't the problem.
    I've tried all of the solutions I can find in other posts here but nothing seems to solve it. Getting desperate, I checked some of the signals with an o-scope but everything seemed fine. Until I checked the DC from my 48V PS. There seems to be a tremendous amount of noise coming from it. 22Vpp at about 22 kHz. I'm going to order a new power supply and see if that solves to problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

I received my new PS and the problem is solved. If the solutions mentioned in other posts (debounce setting) don't work and you followed the grounding principals Al has suggested but still have erratic behavior then check your voltages with a scope to make sure they are clean.