Need Help! Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card

I had to replace a controller board. And now I have a Novusun Nvem USB Controller Card I have been trying to set it up with Mach 3. The A axis will not work unless I put an M00 in after my A axis move. Has anyone used this controller and if so had this problem? And what problems has any had with this controller?Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-s-l1600-jpg

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card

I brought a copy one at low price : Novusun NVEM USB control card
    It works well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are your setting for the A axis? I can not get mine to work right.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi , i have the same. can u upload a photo of ur wiring diagram?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Socramor

I will tell you I sent mine back. The A-axis would not step right and after a few lines of code it would tell me there was an USB ERROR and stop. I am going back to my old breakout board and a UC400ETH Motion Controller. But here is a rough wiring diagram of what I had. Hope it helps and if you need any other questions let me know. Rod
    Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-nvem-wiring-diagram-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello friends.

I have one simple a great problem and the seller doesn´t give me a ny solution for it. I purchased a unit of NVUM 200KHZ 3 axis controller USB and when I connect it to the CPU the system doesn´t recognize the USB device, is general setting there is a device with no driver valid. Could anybody help me for config the device with win10 or win7?

I´m trying to looking for a driver for this but only I get the plugin for Mach3 but not the drive, is a unknowed USB device for my system.

Thanks for all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by morg769 View Post
    Hello Socramor

I will tell you I sent mine back. The A-axis would not step right and after a few lines of code it would tell me there was an USB ERROR and stop. I am going back to my old breakout board and a UC400ETH Motion Controller. But here is a rough wiring diagram of what I had. Hope it helps and if you need any other questions let me know. Rod
    Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-nvem-wiring-diagram-jpg
    thanks!! morg76.. the diagram looks great! but , i bought novosun few days ago,,and still not received!! it should have tomorrow, i tell u when i have!..

i saw the photo u post and is the NVUM version , but the title says NVEM.. I bought the NVUM version but I imagine the connections will be the same.
    Excuse me for my bad english.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

I believe that it uses the windows USB driver the .DLL file tells mach 3 to use the USB and not the I/O port. And if I remember right it did not show up as a USB device I know they set me the wrong .DLL file here is a link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anu2fcNTRdrBhQI-io24QGIseSeY for the ones they set me to try, I had to install the NVUM_F in the Mach3 Plugins and that got it working at the time. But I sent my card back so can't check it for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is the same one, when I posted I typed the name off the manual they had me download witch was the wrong one for the card they sent. I had a NVUM the U is for USB and E for Ethernet. But I order an Ethernet one and they sent me a USB and the wrong download for the .DLL files.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know about the 5 axis USB Mach3 BL BOB as in the picture attached Attachment 368930
    The specs as follow:
    Dim: 60x90mm H 18.5mm
    1, full support hold MACH3 software
    2, support Windows XP, WIN7/8/10 32/64b
    3, external wide input voltage, 12-24 V, and anti inverse function.
    4, all input signals are connected by optical isolation isolation, emergency stop, knife, limit, back to zero, to protect computer security.
    5, through the optocoupler 0-10 V analog output voltage can be controlled by the 0-10 V analog input voltage the spindle speed control.
    6, provide 4 output ports, can be connected with optocoupler module relay, cooling water control, spraying, etc.
    7, provide PWM output, can be controlled with optocoupler input PWM pin speed regulator.

USB cable inclusive
    Program & manual by email.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is the one I had and could not get to work right and sent back. If you have not bought one yet I would buy and ESS or USS.and a BOB from Warp9 Tech Design ESS and USS SmoothStepper motion control boards for Mach 3 and Mach4. I useing the ESS with a TB6560 3rd Gen 5 axis and it works great..The UC400eth from Automation Technology Inc. came dead and they have done nothing to replace or refound. Had to file dispute to get my money back. I do know a little, what would you like to know?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info, sorry the picture gone.

Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-bob-bl-5-axis-mach3-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought the NVUM to upgrade my old LPT cards. have got most most to work, but cant get the steppers to work all they move really slow or just jerk and hum. (they worked great with last card.) I am using an older xp computer(tried it with newer laptop to same thing.) m542 steppers and nema23 steppers. like I said everything else works just find, have played with motor tuning and every setting. thought the motor setting wouldn't change just because I changed the control card. any one got any ideas on what I might be doing wrong.

thanks
    robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to see what the NVUM looks like without the cover. Can someone take a picture and post so that we can see what is there and maybe get an idea of how well it might be isolated?
    Tholling55

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tholling55 View Post
    I would like to see what the NVUM looks like without the cover. Can someone take a picture and post so that we can see what is there and maybe get an idea of how well it might be isolated?
    Tholling55
    I'll try and snap you a few after work tomorrow.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ky1duck View Post
    I'll try and snap you a few after work tomorrow.
    Here they are

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-20171025_140439-jpg   Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-20171025_140456-jpg   Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-20171025_140509-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ky1duck View Post
    Here they are
    Wow those are great photos. I just ordered one. I see fairly decent optoisolators, and the power supply has two levels of isolation. I would feel a lot better with schematics, but I can guess at most of what is there. I downloaded the plugin and have it working with a demo copy of Mach3. It works with no hardware, just does not do a lot. I should have it in a few days. Anyone know what the missing U4 is? Probably a dual opto guessing from the picture. I have a 1.5kw spindle working with an old parallel BOB. I just got tired of the hassle and wanted to reduce the support issues. I have a not too old unused laptop that is perfect for this, ending up with a lot less cables and space taken up.
    Thanks ky1duck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No problem. I ended up not using mine. Everything worked but it would not drive my stepper drivers. No matter how I tuned them. They would just sit there and chatter. Not sure if it was a bad nvum or it didn't like my m542 drivers. Will find out when my friend brings his scope over so I can see the output. But after talking to the place I got it from they refunded my money and told me to keep the card. Just going back to my 2 Bob's instead. A lot less trouble that way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ky1duck: I was able to get a board very quickly. I had already modified my power supplies and had everything ready. Installed Estop, no problem. Installed X axis driver interface as documented. It sat there and did nothing just as you described. Then I realized that my parallel breakout board had the negative side of the signals as common. What the NVUM labels as com is actually + 5volts. I switched the com over to the plus side of the step and direction, then tied my incoming DIR- and STEP- signals. To be fair there is a tiny plus sign next to the COM, but I am old and half blind. Works like a charm. I need to learn more about Mach3 before I do much more. Cheers. thanks for the assistance. I did not believe I could possibly get it running this fast. Now to figure out the spindle interface. Please let me know if I can document anything I did to help you. WooHoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well after getting my friends o-scope and running some test on my parallel port Bob's and the nvum. I think I found out my problem. It's the step pulse is to small coming from the nvum at 2uS and my Bob's are putting out pulse at 6uS. See pics below. Even tho my stepper drivers (old m542) say they will work at 1.5uS.

So what stepper motor drivers being used with nvum?

And after changing every setting in mach3 even under the motor tune and setting it to 5 dosent change what the nvum puts out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-20171107_181920-jpg   Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card-20171107_180044-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast