Need Help! Help with Novusun NVEM control card - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Sorry for my post, but my NVUM isn´t recognized for my computer WIN7 and another WIN10, I can´t looking for a driver for fix this issue, Can anybody say something for this, help help?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all. Did someone configure PWM control of the spindle on this card? I tried different options. "PWM control" in MACH3 activate VSO output, but a voltmeter shows from 0.9 to 10 volts on VSO output. Outputs 1 and 2 for CV and CCV no signs of life too.

Downloads
    Uploads

So, I have unknowingly joined the group that gets to deal with unpredictable motion and limit switch problems when i purchased this board. Whats the word does anyone have a fix for this board yet? how are the driver updates coming?

I have basically just been using mine to test, and for the life of me i cant get my machine to be accurate at all, its all over the place, and yes i know i know,.. sounds mechanical (no one wants to believe me when I say i can build a machine, i have been a professional machinist for 10 years and i am an apps guys for Hurco), i can assure you there is nothing lose on my machine, i have gone though it several times, tore it down, its within .001" everywhere mechanically.

the weirdest thing i have seen is i will write these simple programs to test backlash, and i'm just trying to get it to repeat the program is like this

%
    O0011
    G0 G20 G40 G80 G90
    G01 Y0. F10.
    Y.25
    Y0.
    M30
    %

it will run as expected several times, although it drifts either positive or negative depending on the step low active in mach3. and then out of nowhere it will go to Y-.0831 ??!!!?!?! okay, im not genius, but that tells me something is messed up with the driver talking to the board, and its just jumping to a position for no reason (well it must be for some reason, or else it wouldn't do that, but still)

also if i calculate my steps per unit, it comes out to 5080 (5mm pitch ball screw and 10,000 steps per rev on my microstepping) if step low active is off, it goes .06"-.07" if i command .1, if its high it goes like .180 ish, really its all over the place not repeatable.

anyways is it possible these boards are just junk, should i buy something else? my time is worth more than messing with this board. hell i would be happy to sell it cheap if they want to wait around for a fix,

Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds like an issue with your stepper drives, not the motion controller.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    That sounds like an issue with your stepper drives, not the motion controller.
    If it were a problem with my stepper driver why does mach3 on my simple program move me to such a weird position? Out of nowhere the machine jumps to a position not in my program. I think it's because of some sort of comunincation problem over Ethernet. If I run the program again after the miss position it goes back to normal. Not really predictable at all. I have tried every possible combination from Mach to the drivers and I can't find a single combination that works. I'll test my drives from an arduino tomorrow but when I first got them I played with them and this didn't happen from what I remember when I tested them from my 3D printer

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, I was referring to the part about changing the active low setting.

The movement to the random position, I would attribute to the controller.

I think it's because of some sort of comunincation problem over Ethernet.
    You would typically get an error message if that happened, but I'm not sure what generates the error? Mach3, or the plugin for the controller?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smalls89 View Post
    So, I have unknowingly joined the group that gets to deal with unpredictable motion and limit switch problems when i purchased this board. Whats the word does anyone have a fix for this board yet? how are the driver updates coming?

I have basically just been using mine to test, and for the life of me i cant get my machine to be accurate at all, its all over the place, and yes i know i know,.. sounds mechanical (no one wants to believe me when I say i can build a machine, i have been a professional machinist for 10 years and i am an apps guys for Hurco), i can assure you there is nothing lose on my machine, i have gone though it several times, tore it down, its within .001" everywhere mechanically.

the weirdest thing i have seen is i will write these simple programs to test backlash, and i'm just trying to get it to repeat the program is like this

%
    O0011
    G0 G20 G40 G80 G90
    G01 Y0. F10.
    Y.25
    Y0.
    M30
    %

it will run as expected several times, although it drifts either positive or negative depending on the step low active in mach3. and then out of nowhere it will go to Y-.0831 ??!!!?!?! okay, im not genius, but that tells me something is messed up with the driver talking to the board, and its just jumping to a position for no reason (well it must be for some reason, or else it wouldn't do that, but still)

also if i calculate my steps per unit, it comes out to 5080 (5mm pitch ball screw and 10,000 steps per rev on my microstepping) if step low active is off, it goes .06"-.07" if i command .1, if its high it goes like .180 ish, really its all over the place not repeatable.

anyways is it possible these boards are just junk, should i buy something else? my time is worth more than messing with this board. hell i would be happy to sell it cheap if they want to wait around for a fix,

Not sure about calculating steps per units , but did you try to just calibrate it with Mach3 , cause the board has very good pulse accuracy .
    PM me your email if you don't have the latest driver NVEM Driver _P (Released 23/05/2017) it has the switches issues sorted.

Cheers miky

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBlanco View Post
    Hi all. Did someone configure PWM control of the spindle on this card? I tried different options. "PWM control" in MACH3 activate VSO output, but a voltmeter shows from 0.9 to 10 volts on VSO output. Outputs 1 and 2 for CV and CCV no signs of life too.
    check my settings on my page, it might help
    Miky's CNC6040 2017 Project

But it also depends on the VFD you use and if it is set for speed to be controlled via mach3 signal, by default mine could only be controlled from control panel .

Miky

Downloads
    Uploads

No I do not have the most current driver, I would be willing to try it if you want to send it to me.

As far as the inconsistency in position I do not have a problem with a different board, plus the problem is repeatable on all 3 axes. So unless all three of my axes have a problem, I don't think it's my drives. I think I have a lemon. But I'm willing to try and work through it and see if it's just driver issues

Steps per unit in Mach should be the steps per rev multiples by your ballscrew pitch, I do not get a number even remotely close when I calibrate.

One thing I don't understand is why did mach3 go to a position not programmed? That is so weird to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by miky4u2 View Post
    Not sure about calculating steps per units , but did you try to just calibrate it with Mach3 , cause the board has very good pulse accuracy .
    PM me your email if you don't have the latest driver NVEM Driver _P (Released 23/05/2017) it has the switches issues sorted.

Cheers miky

Sent you a pm

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by smalls89 View Post
    No I do not have the most current driver, I would be willing to try it if you want to send it to me.

As far as the inconsistency in position I do not have a problem with a different board, plus the problem is repeatable on all 3 axes. So unless all three of my axes have a problem, I don't think it's my drives. I think I have a lemon. But I'm willing to try and work through it and see if it's just driver issues
    I obviously don't know if your problem is resolved, but I've had problems with the NVEM and TB6600 based HY-DIV stepper drivers. Firstly, following the manual and wiring the +step to the common +V and the -step to the step pin on the NVEM controller is a bad way of doing things - it presents a drive on the opto-isolator input on the stepper driver, which leads to saturation of the photo-transistor element of the opto-isolator. Better to connect the +step to the step pin and the -step to the ground of the NVEM. That also removes the uncertainty of the step-active setting (it's now wired for High).

The next problem I had was the pulse-width from the NVEM is pretty short at 2.25us, and the stepper drivers have slow (2-3us, optimal) opto-isolators (4N25s); replacing these with fast logic-level couplers (~100ns) cured my missing steps problem immediately. A bit of a write up on MYCNCUK if you're interested.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had one of these controllers for around 12 months. Tried to use it for a CNC Mill, but due to the issues with it I have upgraded to the ESS/MB2 option.

I would like to use this controller for another CNC lathe project and wondering if you can provide a link to the latest driver that you have?

Miky, sent you a PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need the driver for this card too, without errors in handling.
    Can everybody help???

TKS
    Netti

Downloads
    Uploads

I emailed the driver i have to those who PM me , if i forgot someone , PM me again.
    Cheers
    miky

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

nothing incoming...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miky, sent you a PM again...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone connected mpg to nvem or nvum?
    There is no software configuration information in the documentation.

__________________________________________________ _______
    I found the problem.
    I load other plugin, and mpg start works

Last edited by Demal; 08-16-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! There was such a problem
    On the X axis are in the pair 2 of the engine the subordination is set through MATCH3 in the manual mode the slave axis does not work. those. Spinning from the keyboard only 1 engine, and when you give a command through the code, or any G-code you load, then work in pairs, I just can not understand what the problem is. NVEM board 6 axis. I so understand the driver is guilty
    But where can I find a new one?

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there someone alive? =))) Give the driver please

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    i also have problems with the NVUM (not NVEM) :

if i connect my spindle like described in the documentation:

GND1 -> Spindle -> GND
    VSO -> Spindle - 10 V-In

it basically works (spindle freq changes) but as soon the spindle gets activated via RUN command (external or panel) : Mach3 freezes randomly and also my steppers make a weird hiccup noise. I spent 30 hours so far to try all sort of things but I don't get it better.

Also another artefact happens randomly : as soon the spindle is active, mach3 won't proceed with the GCODE, sometimes it's even continuing forever with the last Jog move. I have to reboot all to stop this last move. Also the NVUM device is lost sometimes.

thanks !

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast