Need Help! Help with Novusun NVEM control card - Page 12

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFlame008 View Post
    I have noticed earlier in this thread (and most everywhere else on the net) that users of the NVEM / NVUM boards are having issues with getting a relay (for switching a router or vacuum for example) to operate from the outputs. I too have gained several grey hairs in the process. I finally realized (thanks to similar difficulty with a LM393 opamp) that the outputs on my board - NVEM V2 - are in fact open collector! In other words, for those who are not versed in "electronics speak", the output is "floating" until it is pulled to ground when the output is ON.
    The solution then was to put a 10kOhm resistor between the output pin and 12V (from external power supply as the 12V supplies on the board are only rated for 50mA each). Now when the output is off in Mach3 or when the controller is off, the pin is at 12V. When the output is on in Mach the pin is at ground. All that was needed now was a simple transistor switch (NPN) to toggle the relay.
    The diagram in the NVEM manual showing a direct connection with a relay, is totally misleading and would never work. Perhaps if you connected one leg to an output pin and the other to 12V it might work, provided that the relay draws no more than 50mA, but I doubt that such a thing even exists.
    If anyone needs the PCB for the relay module, I would be happy to post the G-codes for isolation-routing with a 30 degree V bit and then drilling it.
    MagicFlame,

Do you know if it is an NPN or PNP collector? My relays are set to switch Hi.
    Can you show how you wired it? I have also been driving myself nuts trying to get this portion of the board to work.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by juninho-jesus View Post
    Some issues found in my board:

- Homing / Limits -> The NVEM v2 controller can home two axis, the third axis get a "limit trigger" error. (Configured like the manual, just the positive limit trigger "X++; Y++; Z++;")
    - Spindle -> Mine NVEM v2 cannot set the right speed in Spindle, I checked the VSO output, I was getting 10.37V in 24k RPM. When i set 15k RPM in Mach3, I get 14.1k RPM in the Spindle.
    - Spindle 02 -> Very very slow ramp up. About 30 sec to get from 0V to 10V.
    - Probing -> Just Impossible to probe with this board, it's even difficult to explain how the probe is erratic.
    - SoftLimits -> don't work as well.

Was a little difficult to configure in Mach, but you have to "allow the program to get internet connection" it's a setting in Windows Firewall. Configure the IP Address correctly and boom, it works.

But these issues above get us crazy.

Plugins tested:
    NVEM v2 is original, with "Lollete" stick.
    https://www.nvcnc.net/pdf/Novusun.rar -> Downloaded here.
    https://www.nvcnc.net/pdf/EC500-DLL_V1.rar -> Downloaded here (Told by DigitalDream that plugins works because EC500 is a updated of NVEM)
    I agree that is impossible to probe with this controler board.
    My question is do you know one ethernet controler board that proble works fine?

I need to buy one that probe works

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Joseluiz View Post
    I agree that is impossible to probe with this controler board.
    My question is do you know one ethernet controler board that proble works fine?

I need to buy one that probe works

Thanks
    AXBB-E

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Ethernet SmoothStepper (ESS) by Warp9TD, US made.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by juninho-jesus View Post

- Spindle 02 -> Very very slow ramp up. About 30 sec to get from 0V to 10V.
    For every one who have the same problem with very slow rising and falling voltage on spindle control output.

You need to change one of the capacitors on NVEM board.
    Originally selected capacitor (red circle) was 100µF 16V smd. I've changed it to 1µF 50V (electrolytic). I didn't measure how long it takes to reach 10V, but now is mater of 1-2 sec. or even less.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with Novusun NVEM control card-nvem-spindle-capacitor-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I recently became the owner of my second Novosun NVEM V2, the first lost Ethernet communication, received one new in warranty.
    What a nightmare to find out the ports. I like to share my findings.

For some strange reason I had after a while to reinstall the bin file, WHY? (found the appropriate on the Lolette site www.https://www.nvcnc.net/nvem.html)
    Input ports are all on port 1
    E-Stop,Probe, all endstops where also activate
    Output ports all on port 2 and negative
    Managed to activate all 10 outputs, for all outputs above 4 you need VB programming to activate.
    out 1 = CW
    out 2= CCW
    out 3= mist or flood
    out 4= flood or mist (don't remember)

I will now swap the USBCNC to the NVEM on the machine
    Don't have to connect a VFD as I use a normal router I switch with a 24V relay on outport 1 and GND1
    operated by the command M3 and M5. Flood and mist where possible to switch on the Mach3 screen.

Will report more later.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys!
    Unfortunately, I read this forum very late. I bought this controller - Nvum v2 4axis ... and am now trying to get it to work.
    1 problem - after 30 minutes of work, the controller has lost the bin file. I found the bin file and restored it to work.
    2 problem - after an hour of work, the controller stopped connecting to the computer!
    I think the firmware is lost.
    How can I restore the firmware?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Art_N View Post
    Hi guys!
    Unfortunately, I read this forum very late. I bought this controller - Nvum v2 4axis ... and am now trying to get it to work.
    1 problem - after 30 minutes of work, the controller has lost the bin file. I found the bin file and restored it to work.
    2 problem - after an hour of work, the controller stopped connecting to the computer!
    This sound familiar was same here but in an other sequence and other controller NVEM v2 4 axis instead of NVUM.
    I had your second problem first after 1 day of playing, I noticed the communication led (green Ethernet) on the NVEM blinked much
    slower as when working. Contacted the seller with a movie attached and received a new one but had to wait 5 weeks
    as nomore available from the EU warehouse.
    The second NVEM works like a "charm".
    Meanwile I purchased a spindle
    Aircooled 2,2 Kw 3phase 300Hz 18000rpm collet ER25 (didn't find ER25 400hz 24000rpm as aircoolled and ER25 was main goal, was not easy/cheap to find in this setup)
    Huanyang 2,2 Kw inverter mono phase 220V
    The spindle is controlable from Mach 3 with M3 and M5 commands without external relay as mentioned befor,
    just have to check if rpm is displayed correctly with external hand rpm unit

Grammatical errors are for free as google translate was helpfull

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Art_N View Post
    Hi guys!

I had the connection issue too and wasn't able to fix it. I asked the seller to send another one...
    This board are really lame. The second one worked 10 minuts and gave me the bin file error.
    Do you have the bin file or now how it is called. I've looked trough the internet but I only found borken links.
    Please if you have the bin file send it to me!!! It is the last try I give to this board.
    Andreu

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all
    not sure this is the correct place for this post
    My first time on this forum and can not see where to start a new thread
    I have NVEM ethernet controller, having problems setting up the spindle
    It is a DC motor type, so all I need to do is switch a opto isilated relay to turn it on.
    Can any give some advise on how this is done and maybe a wiring diagram.
    I have every thing elses working OK this is the last thing to get going

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi the bin file was there
    https://www.nvcnc.net/nvum.html
    for some reason the link does not work anymore. Let me know if you solve it as i need the bin file as well but cant find it anywhere .

Hi Drulo,
    Would you happen to have a bin file that seller sent to you? I'm looking for the bin file for Nvum v2 also. Thank you.

Is anyone have a nvum v2 bin file that i can download? My stopworking after update the firmware.
    thank you,

Downloads
    Uploads

to. IANR23
    Befor I got the vfd and spindle I used a fixed speed AC router, I switched the router by a 24V auxiliary relay board from Aliexpress as I operate the NVEM at 24Volt
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...27424c4don1PpV
    It can be done easier but I like to have it safe as the NVE(U)M is a delicate board to mess up.

NVEM S-axis

GND connect -24V from power supply and also to DC minus on relayboard
    VSO connect to +24V from power supply
    Index not connected
    Out 1 connected to IN on relay board
    Out 2 was not connected as no need to rotated CCW

Mach 3
    Setup in config Spindle setup
    M3 for CW output 1
    If use of CCW M4 output 2

Output signals
    Out 1 port 2 Pin1
    Out 2 port 2 Pin2

You can also use other outputs but need VB to write macro
    for activation as no buttons available in Mach 3 fot those outputs

Hope this could help but all connections at your own risk.
    All these info here I found on the net but took me some time
    to have it work properly.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm also looking for the .bin file for EC500/NVEC400, someone have them?

Hello. I also need .bin file for UC300 https://www.nvcnc.net/uc300.html, i try to update firmware with .bin file from here https://bulkman3d.com/resources/ (this is were i bought the controller) and now stop communicating
    with computer. Does anybody know how to reset to factory this controller.

Default Re: Help with Novusun UC300 control card

Hello. I also need .bin file for UC300 https://www.nvcnc.net/uc300.html, i try to update firmware with .bin file from here https://bulkman3d.com/resources/ (this is were i bought the controller) and now stop communicating
    with computer. Does anybody know how to reset to factory this controller.
    Please delete this one.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi guys I have original nvem bin, and novosun flash tool, can share it, send me an email 540lab -at- inbox-ru
    But I have to say, that I killed my NVEM with attempts of fixing bin problem. It was working fine out of the box, apart outputs, and when I needed them I decided to load EC500.dll plugin as written before by DigitalDream stupid developer, and immidiatly had a bin-file problem.
    Throwed nvem to real bin and ordered SmoothStepper (ESS), so wish you the same. I only sorrow about nvmpg, it wasn't that bad, hope to connect it to SmoothStepper.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by charlienguyen View Post
    Is anyone have a nvum v2 bin file that i can download? My stopworking after update the firmware.
    thank you,
    Bin the piece of garbage and buy something else that has ACTUAL existing support.
    ESS or UC400eth or something like that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Bin the piece of garbage and buy something else that has ACTUAL existing support.
    ESS or UC400eth or something like that.
    The Nvum Boards work fine and are just as good as anything else in the price range, if you mess with programing the Board then this can happen to any Board that is programmable

Try it with the ESS or any of the UCCNC products and the same thing will happen

Mactec54

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast