Newbie Yasnac i80 control with flashing EBA!!!!/printing parameter list

Thread: Yasnac i80 control with flashing EBA!!!!/printing parameter list

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yasnac i80 control with flashing EBA!!!!/printing parameter list

This is my first post so here goes. I have a Kitamura my2x with a Yasnak i80 control. My first question is, is it possible to print out the parameter settings to keep as a backup in case of future poblems? The next question is about EBA. Its just started to flash on my screen in the bottom right hand corner next to LSK. Anybody know what it means? Many thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

EBA stands foe Encoder Battery Alarm .... let me know if you help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRP View Post
    ... is it possible to print out the parameter settings to keep as a backup in case of future problems? ...
    Paul, We have a Mori with a Yasnac control. Not sure if it's an i80.

Our control can upload the parameter settings via the serial port. The upload can be printed or saved to a thumb drive for backup.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much Eurisko will try and copy parameters when I go into the workshop tomorrow.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much duklatd. Will have a look at it tomorrow. Do you know if the battery has to be an exact replacement or will any 3.6v 2000maH lithium battery work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is possible to download the parameters and then print them. Go into maint/parameters/In/out then output to a laptop with either procomm or hyperterminal. I suggest procomm.

The battery, we found it locally at a batteries plus. We had them solder 4" leads on and then we attached the original connector ourselves. You should change out the nc battery as well if this one has failed the other shouldn't be too far behind unless the failure is a fluke.

When you change it out, be sure that the machine is on. If not you will wind up nullifying the encoders before your able to restart. In the case of the parameters you will wind up having to re-input them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Thanks very much R-Rob. Instructions for battery replacement have worked fine. Will do parameters next week. Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yasnac i80 control with flashing EBA!!!!/printing parameter list

Hi,
    I am Srikrish R from Tamilnadu, India. I have one used very old VMC machine with YASNAC i80M control. In that machine I lost all the parameters due to bad battery. I am unable to run the machine for the last 4 years. kindly send me the Option parameters from opm00. Please do the needful immediately. My email ID is : rsrikrish1984@gmail.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRP View Post
    Thanks very much R-Rob. Instructions for battery replacement have worked fine. Will do parameters next week. Cheers
    Hi Sir, I have the same problem EBA blinking, your problem was the battery? Can you send me the instructions to replace it to daborvalencia @ Gmail dot com ? Thank you so much

Default Re: Yasnac i80 control with flashing EBA!!!!/printing parameter list

Hello, I am looking for someone with experience restoring the settings on a Yasnak i80 on a Mori Seiki lathe. Mistakes were made during a battery replacement.