Need Help! Yasnac MX2 work coordinates.

Thread: Yasnac MX2 work coordinates.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yasnac MX2 work coordinates.

I have a 1986 vintage Matsuura MC-500V2 mill with a Yasnac MX2 control. When I attempt to use work coordinate codes G54 through G59 I get an alarm code 020 which states,"unusable G code or G code not included in options programmed". Looking in the Yasnac operators manuel I see that G54 though G59 are listed as optional. So I'm assuming that there is nothing wrong with the control or the machine and that the original owner ordered it without work coordinates.
    So the big question is, how do I turn this option on? I'm hoping it's only a matter of changing some parameters and not having to add or replace a board. Does anybody know? I've E-mailed the west coast Matsuura dealer for info but I fear any service they provide will be prohibitively expensive. I suppose I should also contact a Yasnac/Yasakawa service center. Can anybody suggest a good one?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    PHD is an acronym for a machine operator who can only load parts and hit the cycle start button. Push Here Dummy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got a reply from Yaskawa America. They say that they'll be happy to fix me up with a service call to the tune of $1200. I'm hoping somebody else will offer a less expensive solution. Anyone?

PHD is an acronym for a machine operator who can only load parts and hit the cycle start button. Push Here Dummy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bite the bullet.

OK, so I paid Yaskawa their $1200 for a tech to come out. The work coordinates were an option that wasn't purchased buy the original owner. The tech guy changed one parameter and left. If anybody wants to share the info they can PM me.

Last edited by PHD; 04-21-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by jmerson; 10-22-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have a MX1 control on a Matsuura, same thing no work coordinates. What a pain having to use a G45 XO D60, then G92 XO YO, If anyone knows how to get around all of this let me know.

Default Re: Yasnac MX2 work coordinates.

This is a really old thread, but I'm also in the same boat. Have a Yasnac MX1 and I can set the WCS for G54-59 I just can't use them afterwards with out getting Alarm "020 UNUSABLE G CODE OR G CODE NOT INCLUDED IN OPTIONS PROGRAMMED"

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yasnac MX2 work coordinates.

sorry i cant help you
    but i need help i have change the encoder on z-axis . and how i gonna set a new zero?