Need Help! Updating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Updating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)

I have a Cincinnati Arrow 500 VMC with a Acramatic 2100 (A2100) control Pentium 1 (75 mhz) with dual motherboards. I want to convert the PC portion to a modern Intel 775 CPU Motherboard. The Control is Windows NT based.

I changed the Cmos batteries last week And suddenly the machine wont work. i did flash the bios on the rt board. I also reloaded the current software in the control from the hard drive

This is a portin of the Siemens Email (they auqired the control from Vickers then stopped making it)
    A failure here usually means the WSCPU (1st motherboard) $2300 is at fault - it cannot communicate with the (2nd motherboard) RTCPU..

(My controll errors)
    The NC Engine Base test failed every time.

Hardware Diagnostic Startup Status

Bridge board (RI) #0 Results Unkown
    High Density I/0 #0 Results Unkown
    Pendant Panel #0 Results Unkown
    Read Time Processor #0 Results Unkown

I think updating the motherboard to modern low cost parts would be a good investment. My machine uses Kollmorgen servos and servo amplifiers it has about 10 serial ports and two or three larger ports. I have been looking on the web and theres a lot of specialty pci serial port cards. Im not sure if there will be driver issues also.

Anyone out there thats done something like this before?

Thanks Mark

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Same **** here

Hello there, I ve been playing with a vickers pc for the last 10 days so here is something you can try

1-take the RT MB off the machine

2-find an old ISA VGA card and push it in one of the slots

3-find an old power supply and attach it to where you give MB power

4-old keyboard or a converter so you can use the MB

when you flashed the BIOS of the RT MB it back to default settings waiting for a floppy drive and a keyboard

so get in the Bios and change the settings to

1-NO Floppy
    2-Halt ON NO ERRORS

that will make it go fine and the led on the right hand side on your bridge board should go off in a 5 secs during start

wish that helps you mine was a little bit further problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any news mate?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi, i have a tree 250 with the acramatic 2100 and in desperately need the 2100 software. i have emailed siemens, and even tree repair shops and nobody has the software. do you have it saved where i could get a copy of it. i would be very greatfull..
    thanks
    marc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati Milacron Retrofits

I have heard lots of discussion on replacing SABRE and Arrow products because of drive and control issues. I have also seen in these discussions that trying to replace these products with machines that can deliver the same capabilities is not inexpensive.

Why not consider retrofit! I develop retrofit solutions for MAG products. MAG currently owns Cincinnati\G&L\FADAL and several other major Machine Tool Builder OEM's. I have had good success with retrofits. I currently have a kit available for Arrow's with the Control Techniques control and Sabre's with the Acramatic 850SX.
    I will be developing a A2100 replacement and a Kollmorgan drive replacement.

There are planns to also supply control kits for the Cincinnati milacron Cinturn products.

RV / themil

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello there, I ve been playing with a vickers pc for one moth ago and I here is something you can try, and somebody help me???

I change the cmos battery's and lost the hard drive controler, i'm looking for a cmos program for reflashing the bios on the mother board...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Dead machine

Dear sir,
    I have recently bought an arrow 1000 machine. I tried powering it up. The control turns on, boots up normally, all tests passed.
    The message on lower left hand corner shows Machine off/Emergency stop PB.
    I started with checking the emergency stop switches they seemed to be correct.
    Drives seemed ok with 2 leds 1 red and 1 green . machine is off limits,.
    When I ran the extended diagnostics in continuous mode which showed the test failed , I have attached snap shots.
    I guess the person who tried to service the machine before me buying had changed the batteries in the RT board.
    Machine off/Emergency stop PB is unchanged even after pressing the power button many times. Nothing works on the machine.
    I have access to electronic card level service, but I do not know which part to service.
    I would request you to kindly advise me on the issue.
    Thank You

Zubair

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default themill

Please give me a call in the office on Monday and I will be glad to help. MAG Global Services. MAG - The Global Machine Tool Manufacturer: MAG call 859-534-4748

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default RT board flashing

Dear Sir,
    Can you help me how to flash on RT board?

Quote Originally Posted by arrow500 View Post
    I have a Cincinnati Arrow 500 VMC with a Acramatic 2100 (A2100) control Pentium 1 (75 mhz) with dual motherboards. I want to convert the PC portion to a modern Intel 775 CPU Motherboard. The Control is Windows NT based.

I changed the Cmos batteries last week And suddenly the machine wont work. i did flash the bios on the rt board. I also reloaded the current software in the control from the hard drive

This is a portin of the Siemens Email (they auqired the control from Vickers then stopped making it)
    A failure here usually means the WSCPU (1st motherboard) $2300 is at fault - it cannot communicate with the (2nd motherboard) RTCPU..

(My controll errors)
    The NC Engine Base test failed every time.

Hardware Diagnostic Startup Status

Bridge board (RI) #0 Results Unkown
    High Density I/0 #0 Results Unkown
    Pendant Panel #0 Results Unkown
    Read Time Processor #0 Results Unkown

I think updating the motherboard to modern low cost parts would be a good investment. My machine uses Kollmorgen servos and servo amplifiers it has about 10 serial ports and two or three larger ports. I have been looking on the web and theres a lot of specialty pci serial port cards. Im not sure if there will be driver issues also.

Anyone out there thats done something like this before?

Thanks Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

renmoving the battery does not kill the bios it just deletes it. get a isa graphic card and an old keyboard. hook them up to your rt motherboard. enter bios by pressing del on startup. set time , disable floppy disk, set stop on errors to none, and set pnp to enable.restart motherboard make sure it give no errors till it reaches the point of telling you no operating system. then you are good to go.

Downloads
    Uploads

can t find the snapshots but most probably you have the i o card in the wrong slot. make sure its in slot 0 not in slot 1, these controllers can have 2 io cards. when you put it in the wrong slot it sees it as io card and it passes the first test but when sending to it it does nt see it in the right slot so you get an error

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Updating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)

Hi this is Pasan form Sri Lanka. And this is my first post.

I've bought Cincinnati Falcon 200 lathe machine form Singapore.Its a 12 turret lathe machine with Acramatic 2100 system.

And now when I try to boot it up Vickers software is indicating " NC Engine Base - Failed". Its seems like this puppy does have a screwed up PC.
    I am attaching a youtube link and a photo of the PC. And I'm sure professional in here could give me a little help to figure out how to solve this issue.

Updating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)-cnc-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

nothing to worry about Pasan
    check steps described from akram second post on this thread. this will do the trick. did you ever disassemble the controller. the real time board is the one at the far right of the picture you made under a the fully closed aluminium plate. take a lot of pictures where everything goes so when reassembling you put everything back in place. what you will need is an old power supply and old isa vga card and an old keyboard. and a new battery

best of luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Same **** here

Thank you very much for the reply "kabdelwahid".

I have to order a ISA VGA and OLD 5pin DIN type keyboard. I'll let you know what happen...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, As the forum suggested I've corrected the BIOS settings of the G7VP2. And as all of you mentioned RT led is now turned off and only the GREEN led is light up.
    But now its showing me that "Conventional Servo is Failed", Also the DV5 card red LED is also light up. And cincinnati PSR is in off mode and Spindle driver VFS5 active LED is not light up either.
    Please check the attached images. Does this means do I have Faulty DV5 card or do I have serious system error ?

Updating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)-system-faill-4000f-jpgUpdating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)-conventional-servo-jpgUpdating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)-hardare-diagnostic-startup-status-jpgUpdating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)-servo-drivers-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Updating Acramatic 2100 (A2100)-conventional-servo-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all I have the same problem
    Can you overcome it?
    This problem arose after replacing the batteries in the BIOS
    can tell what the correct settings should be for the BIOS ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you send me the bios settings for your board? g7vp2?
    did you ever get alarm 40-33?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

good morning,
    we have the same problem, have you solved it?

Downloads
    Uploads

can you describe your problem please

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your attention, servo fail and error 4000f and crashes in step 2, same Pasan error 3 messages first, if I disconnect realtime erroe 4000f does not appear and starts, obviously it can not work. New batteries. If I connect video card to RT it does not seem to start booting. I do not know what to do

Daniele

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast