Need Help! Replacing Control Board on Nomad883 Original

Thread: Replacing Control Board on Nomad883 Original

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Replacing Control Board on Nomad883 Original

I want to replace the controller of my Nomad883 Classic (the first version) with another controller. Probably this:

https://github.com/Spark-Concepts/xPro-V5/wiki

The Nomad883 has a controller board (probably a custom VFD). I am attaching pictures. Hope they show what is needed.

I want to find out if the xPro-V5 has what it takes to control the stock Carbide3D spindle controller.

I was able to take a few measurements with my multimeter to try to figure things out. This is what I found:

Five cables going from controller board to spindle board:

Black —— Ground
    Red —— 24V
    Yellow —— 0-5V (when turning on spindle 0-10000rpms) {possible PWM} [spindle max is 10000]
    White —— Unknown (no voltage)
    Green —— Unknown (no voltage)

The motor, on top, seems to have a hall sensor. I have included a wiring diagram from the motor manufacturer.

I am assuming the following connections from the xPro-V5 to the 5 pins going into the Carbide3D spindle control:

Black ----- GND
    Red ----- 24V direct from power supply as the xPro-V5 does not seem to supply 24V out
    Yellow ---- PWM
    White ----
    Green ----

Don't know what the White and Green cables are for.