Need help with XCMCU XC709

Thread: Need help with XCMCU XC709

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help with XCMCU XC709

Hello everyone!
    I am trying to start working with my new CNC mill which has XCMCU XC709 standalone controller. It was assembled by previous owner. Everuthing works fine but I would like to improve it.
    First of all it does not react on command G28 G91 Z0, it just skip it. What could be a reason?
    Second: I would like to add "auto tool zero" hardware button and make a script/macro to set tool zero by contact to plate with known thikness. I had it on my previous mill and it was very usefull. Previously I was using MACH3.
    I can connect button to free Port Input, but I don't know how to teach the controller to execute script when I push it.
    Hope somebody can help me.
    Thank You in advance!

PS I am from Ukraine, so sorry for my english.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with XCMCU XC709

Quote Originally Posted by MFanta View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I am trying to start working with my new CNC mill which has XCMCU XC709 standalone controller. It was assembled by previous owner. Everuthing works fine but I would like to improve it.
    First of all it does not react on command G28 G91 Z0, it just skip it. What could be a reason?
    Second: I would like to add "auto tool zero" hardware button and make a script/macro to set tool zero by contact to plate with known thikness. I had it on my previous mill and it was very usefull. Previously I was using MACH3.
    I can connect button to free Port Input, but I don't know how to teach the controller to execute script when I push it.
    Hope somebody can help me.
    Thank You in advance!

PS I am from Ukraine, so sorry for my english.
    This is a new CNC brand in China, it is not recommended to use it for export market yet.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    This is a new CNC brand in China, it is not recommended to use it for export market yet.
    This does not change my reality. I have to work with it now. So I am looking for some help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok!
    Here is some update: I can live without G28 as new version of postprocessor can deal with G53.
    But I still need an instruction how to add touch probe to this controller. Basically I need an instruction how to run script/macros after pushing HW button.
    Hope somedody can help me.