Controlling motorized z axis DRO

Thread: Controlling motorized z axis DRO

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Controlling motorized z axis DRO

Hello, trying to ask this question correctly, I have motorized Z axis on DRO mill and DRO fiber laser. Both run on push buttons/ switch controls. The laser already has a stepper, mill has DC motor but plan on changing to stepper. What I want to achieve is a direct input, example enter 45.56mm, enter. and have z axis move to these coordinates. Laser I would like to control from pc or phone but could live with other control panel. I can build driver setup but am limited to visually running Z up and down and bump bump to get to position so need app or software to position Z. Not finding anything on Google.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Controlling motorized z axis DRO

Since all you want is simple control of the Z axis then do a Google search for using an Arduino and GRBL. This will give you the "brain" so to speak to control the stepper. If the stepper will accept 5 volt signals for both Step and Position then this will work. And if you get past that bit then try an ESP 2866 Arduino like unit but has WiFi and then you could indeed use your phone for control wirelessly.