Need Help! Spindle problem with NVCM motion controller...

Thread: Spindle problem with NVCM motion controller...

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Spindle problem with NVCM motion controller...

Hi!

This is my first time retrofitting a 2.5-axis CNC milling machine (for personal use) and I'm stuck with some problems. For context, the controller I'm using is this Novusun NVCM motion controller (https://www.nvcnc.net/pdf/NVCNC_NVCM_EN.pdf). I have followed the linked manual using Mach3 and the X, Y, Z + homing, soft limits, hard limits, etc. are working properly.

The problem: Whenever I start the spindle, the peripherals of my pc seem to lose power. In my PC#1, the monitor turns off when the spindle is on. In my PC#2, the mouse and keyboard lose power. The power comes back when I stop the spindle. The controller uses a USB to connect to my PC.

Another problem: I can't change the spindle speed using the S-ov slider in Mach3 when the spindle is on. It changes when I turn off the spindle first and then turn it on again.

My VFD: AT1-2200X / XSY-AT1 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32924146109.html)

I am hoping to get some answers. Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle problem with NVCM motion controller...

Quote Originally Posted by IAmJerico View Post
    Hi!

This is my first time retrofitting a 2.5-axis CNC milling machine (for personal use) and I'm stuck with some problems. For context, the controller I'm using is this Novusun NVCM motion controller (https://www.nvcnc.net/pdf/NVCNC_NVCM_EN.pdf). I have followed the linked manual using Mach3 and the X, Y, Z + homing, soft limits, hard limits, etc. are working properly.

The problem: Whenever I start the spindle, the peripherals of my pc seem to lose power. In my PC#1, the monitor turns off when the spindle is on. In my PC#2, the mouse and keyboard lose power. The power comes back when I stop the spindle. The controller uses a USB to connect to my PC.

Another problem: I can't change the spindle speed using the S-ov slider in Mach3 when the spindle is on. It changes when I turn off the spindle first and then turn it on again.

My VFD: AT1-2200X / XSY-AT1 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32924146109.html)

I am hoping to get some answers. Thanks!
    You don't have it wired correctly the VFD Drive to the Spindle needs to use Shielded cable and correct Grounding of everything, you have some EMI which is caused by the VFD Drive so wiring is very important, the USB connection will be affected by the EMI you can get a USB isolator which will help as well

These Isolators will help, your wiring needs to be fixed first and an EMI Main Power Line Filter added close to the input Power connection to the VFD Drive

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle problem with NVCM motion controller...-usb-isolator-png   Spindle problem with NVCM motion controller...-usb-isolator-2-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You don't have it wired correctly the VFD Drive to the Spindle needs to use Shielded cable and correct Grounding of everything, you have some EMI which is caused by the VFD Drive so wiring is very important, the USB connection will be affected by the EMI you can get a USB isolator which will help as well

These Isolators will help, your wiring needs to be fixed first and an EMI Main Power Line Filter added close to the input Power connection to the VFD Drive
    You're actually spot on. I followed the manual I attached a 100%. I forgot to mention that I wired everything with a wire without any filter or USB isolator.

I'll buy one asap and give an update. Thanks!