SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?

Quote Originally Posted by jeeybee View Post
    Thanks for you answers
    I read in the manual about pressing F8 and F7 but I dont have any on my controller, see picture.
    But I found the Coord button under settings and pressing Coord one more time I found the zero xyz buttons.

Do you know how to home an axis one more time? when I rehome an axis it just go to zero, only the first time it searches for the home switch.

Yes I have Mike on wechat and I would not have got anywhere without his help but he also answers with very few words and sometimes not very fast so it can take days to get to a solution.

SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?-1000mc-jpg
    It looks like you have the Lathe control as the F buttons are different for the Mill control, check your manual for what the F buttons do

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No, a G53X----Y----- is similar to using a G28 this is a rapid move to a Position it is not related in any way to a G54 to G59 work Offset
    I´m not sure what you mean, the G53 coordinate system is the machine coordinate system and it is from that system the offset to G54-G59 is set.
    A move to a G53 position does not have to be a rapid move, it can be any move.

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like you have the Lathe control as the F buttons are different for the Mill control, check your manual for what the F buttons do
    Its not a lathe control, and the manual is not that good, it often just state what it says on the screen over the F buttons in not so good english and the F buttons have a hundred different funktions depending on which screen is active.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I have been telling you to do, and this is the only way it can work when using machine coordinates
    The question was how to do it on this controller, not what to do in general terms

Downloads
    Uploads

I´m not sure what you mean, the G53 coordinate system is the machine coordinate system and it is from that system the offset to G54-G59 is set.
    A move to a G53 position does not have to be a rapid move, it can be any move.
    A G53 is a Rapid move the only connection it has with G54-G59 is it uses the same machine coordinates from the home position

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?-using-g53-6-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Its not a lathe control, and the manual is not that good, it often just state what it says on the screen over the F buttons in not so good english and the F buttons have a hundred different funktions depending on which screen is active.
    The Lathe control has the same number of F buttons as your one does, yes there is a Mill version of the same control, this may be an old model as there were no manuals I could fine for this control, all the other Mill controls have the (8) F buttons and is clear how each one works in the manual, a snip below, there manuals are very well written, and the English is correct Manuals are on there web site, but none for the control you have.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?-szgh-gh-1000mc-control-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The question was how to do it on this controller, not what to do in general terms
    Thats what you have to find out as there is no manuals on their web site for that control, only all the currant controls they have, what I have given you is the how it should be done it can't be hard to try the different options on the control to see what works.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The Lathe control has the same number of F buttons as your one does, yes there is a Mill version of the same control, this may be an old model as there were no manuals I could fine for this control, all the other Mill controls have the (8) F buttons and is clear how each one works in the manual, a snip below, there manuals are very well written, and the English is correct Manuals are on there web site, but none for the control you have.
    Its easy to find the controller on their web site: https://www.szghtech.com/cnc-control...ontroller.html
    And I have the manual.
    The buttons change when you change screen so there is no such small list for what function they have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats what you have to find out as there is no manuals on their web site for that control, only all the currant controls they have, what I have given you is the how it should be done it can't be hard to try the different options on the control to see what works.
    Well the reason I made the question was that I could not find it so your flippant answers seem rather unnecessary.
    As it is solved then there is no need to continue this conversation.

Last edited by jeeybee; 06-05-2022 at 03:51 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well the reason I made the question was that I could not find it so your flippant answers seem rather unnecessary.
    As it is solved then there is no need to continue this conversation.
    I only kept on posting because of your arrogant replies

The manual for that control is not on their website that is what I said if you can read and understand what has been posted.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mikegiraud View Post
    FYI, I am about 18 months into an SZGH 5-Axis 1000MDC retrofit coming from Mach 3. I absolutely love the control, it simply works every time. It has never crashed in 18 months or had any issues not caused by me. Also, Mike Bond Huang at SZGH is a God send
    Are the manuals accurate for this model? there is too much on this controller that is not the same in the manual and we want to be able to sell this to our customers so it need to be good.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have come across a 1000mdc control. Wondering if this could be used without an ATC? Also, a Newker 335P came with it. I think this is a control board. I would love to use this system, but I am at a loss. New to cnc so I'm looking for any advice. Thanks.

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by johnac01 View Post
    I have come across a 1000mdc control. Wondering if this could be used without an ATC? Also, a Newker 335P came with it. I think this is a control board. I would love to use this system, but I am at a loss. New to cnc so I'm looking for any advice. Thanks.

John
    Well you can delete the M6 commands in the gcode if there is a plc program for atc loaded, maybe there isnt, try run M6 T2 in MDI for example and see what it does.
    If there is you can probably reach out to Mike (his adress is written earlier in the thread) for a plc program without atc that you can load into your controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the information.

Downloads
    Uploads

John
    I own and use the SZGH 1000MDc control. Yes, it can be used with or without ATC. The ATC macro is called via a user program such as G120 (servo ATC) or G121 (AC Motor ATC). If G120 or G121 or not called, then the ATC can be fully ignored. The M6 macro is fully editable to make a manual tool change pause and wait for your input. Pretty much everything related to tool changing is fully customizable so you should have no issues using the 1000MDC without an ATC. I use the 1000MDC pretty much daily, so let me know if you have further questions on it. Its a good control overall.

- - - Updated - - -

John
    I own and use the SZGH 1000MDc control. Yes, it can be used with or without ATC. The ATC macro is called via a user program such as G120 (servo ATC) or G121 (AC Motor ATC). If G120 or G121 or not called, then the ATC can be fully ignored. The M6 macro is fully editable to make a manual tool change pause and wait for your input. Pretty much everything related to tool changing is fully customizable so you should have no issues using the 1000MDC without an ATC. I use the 1000MDC pretty much daily, so let me know if you have further questions on it. Its a good control overall.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the information. How do I get to the M6 macro? I am really lost when it comes to modifying any of the macros. Also is there any provision to use touch probing (for g54 etc.) or tool touch probing for tool measurement? Sorry for these basic questions but the only other control I ever used was a Centroid Acorn. Thanks again Mike.

John Chmielewski

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the information. How do I get to the M6 macro? I am really lost when it comes to modifying any of the macros. Also is there any provision to use touch probing (for g54 etc.) or tool touch probing for tool measurement? Sorry for these basic questions but the only other control I ever used was a Centroid Acorn. Thanks again Mike.

John Chmielewski
    M6 may be restricted in parameters, in this case any M6 call will cause alarm. The best way to use this system without ATC is correct your CAM Postprocessor.
    Macro also depends of ATC installed, it can be set in parameters too. Usually it's O9101-O9110 files in C-disk. You can copy it to U-disk, or edit in system.
    Any of this files have comments in their header. For example, mine have:
    ---
    O9101;//Row knife tool library (change the program name to O9101 when using it)

//Use ladder diagram No. 1 (Z-axis tool loading is determined by #950-#973)
    //This program can be modified for tool rows on different axes (Y-axis mobile tool loading)
    G65H81P50Q#1004R1;//G54.4=1 Does not use the tool magazine function, does not perform tool change
    G65H81P50Q#1003R1;//G54.3=1 Command tool is equal to the main tool does not perform tool change
    G69G50G15G80G40G49;//Cancel all compensations
    M05;//Main shaft off
    M09;//Cooling off
    M50;//Automatic tool change starts
    ---
    etc...
    As you can see, it also depends of active ladder.
    Current ladder you may see by pressing PLC-F1
    Tool length measurement is accessible by pressing OFFSET-F4

Downloads
    Uploads

BTW, just found answer to JeeyBee question about direct settings coordinates to G54-G59
    In any mode (Pos, Program, Offset etc) push Arrow at left of F1, then F4 (COORD)
    You'll see all offsets in system. Just go to any coordinate in any offset, type number in DATA field below and push Data Input

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All !

I'm planning to buy "SZGH-CNC1000MDb-5 Axis" or maybe "SZGH-CNC1000MDc-5 Axis" which basically has extra inputs for optical linear encoders for extra feedback.

My machine that I will be upgrading is a big old boring machine. It has 5 axes and only 2 displacement motors one spindle motor.
    One displacement motor is divided between several axes, and switching between them by electromagnetic clutches.
    Therefore, I need the controller to always know its coordinates and be able, if necessary, to correct the backlash using a separate macro. In this macro, you will need to assign real machine coordinates from a linear encoder.

1) Is this possible?
    2) Is there a parameter in the controller that shows the coordinates of linear encoders?
    3) Is there an automatic adjustment of machine coordinates based on encoders?

Downloads
    Uploads

I am in the process of trying to get my szgh controller up and running as we speak. How do you activate the home switches? I am talking with support but answers do take a while due to the time difference. Any help would be appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12