Need Help! ACURITE MILLPWR Z LIMIT FAULT

Thread: ACURITE MILLPWR Z LIMIT FAULT

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy ACURITE MILLPWR Z LIMIT FAULT

Hello, this is my first post, I'm having a lot of problems with this.
    When I turn on the Z-axis drive and I press the button "find home". The Z axis goes Z- and when activated the limit switch in the screen, appearing the message Z limit fault and I don't know what can I do because I need to find home before make changes in the configurations.
    I tried to move the limit switch to find the correct position but it doesn't work.
    So I don't know what more can i do... please help...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ACURITE MILLPWR Z LIMIT FAULT

Most machines move Z+ positive direction when looking for home sensor. When you head towards the table that is normally Z- negative. The top of the material is normally Z0 and you set this to the material you want to cut

Downloads
    Uploads

the problem is i can't set nothing before the machine find home and i have the problem with the z limit fault

Downloads
    Uploads

What kind of limit switch or home sensor does your machine have? Post a photo, you can override the sensor and fool the control into thinking it is at home on Z axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    What kind of limit switch or home sensor does your machine have? Post a photo, you can override the sensor and fool the control into thinking it is at home on Z axis
    Im not sure how can i post photos in this forum (i tried to put a link to google drive o something like that), tried to remove the limit switch and activated but the problem is still there

Downloads
    Uploads

this is my machine

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ACURITE MILLPWR Z LIMIT FAULT-whatsapp-image-2022-01-13-4-08-a  

Downloads
    Uploads

From the photo it appears there are several standard two wire micro switches. Tell the machine to home an axis and press the micro switch does it go to the next axis.

You can also use an ohm meter and test each switch by measuring across the two leads and then pressing the switch and reading should go to zero ohms

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

i already tried that, when i press one of the limit switch the error appears in the screen

Downloads
    Uploads

There appear to be three micro switches, one at top for upper limit and one near the bottom for lower limit. Limit switches should never be tripped under normal conditions, so tripping upper or lower limit should error out. The home sensor is the one near the ballscrew. The home sensor needs to be tripped that should not produce a limit error

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

the limit switch in the center is for activate the funcion of Z, this machine have the opcion of work with the z manual or automatic, and the top an bottom limit switch never be tripped under normal conditions?, so how the machine knows it's in home position?

Downloads
    Uploads

A normal Z home sensor is the highest resting position for the Z axis. The LIMIT switches inform the machine something is going wrong it is either going beyond the high point or is is goi g to low and ready to crash into the table. You said the middle switch was to allow automatic or manual mode. If that is true then ther is another sensor probably a halleffect sensor that has three wires. Take some closer photos I might be able to spot the home sensor.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

i don't see another sensor, only the three you already seen in the photo, i have the manual of the machine, im not sure if that can help, i dont find nothing of help but maybe you can find something.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Look at page 26 of manual chapter 2.3 where they explain how to home the machine. The Z axis needs to be engaged before you press the home button. The upper limit switch acts as the home sensor per the manual.

Do video of what happens when you try

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't take another video, but I made this one a few days ago.

(Sorry for the video in extension .rar, I can't upload it in another extension.)

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the video. Well the machine starts out like normal, but after the Z axis reaches the limit it should have stopped and backed away. It seems like it is not treating the upper limit switch as the home switch. Let me look through the manual and see if there is a parameter or something that enables the limit switch as home sensor or something.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

It says this in the manual:

When finding home, MILLPWR will use ACU-RITE’s advanced Position-Trac™ technolo-gy.
    Position-Trac works by using a very precise distance-encrypted reference mark line
    pattern that's been placed onto each ACU-RITE precision glass scale included with your MILLPWR system.
    Proprietary software decodes the line pattern which then allows you to
    accurately find home and reestablish workpiece zero from any position.
    With Position-Trac, there is no need to leave the system powered up when it is not being used.
    You’ll be able to easily, quickly and accurately reestablish workpiece zero after power loss.
    After home has been found, the tool’s position (relative to your most recent datum) will be displayed

So the issue looks to be to do with that grey scale on the left with ACU-RITE written on it. (I assume that is what uses that 3rd switch) Page 2-3

I would ge through the “Installation Setup” pages 1 by 1 and check that something hasn''t been reversed first. From page 7-17 onwards.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can power down the system and ensure the glass scales on the Z axis are clean. You can clean these with alcohol, but be very careful do not drop or handle them roughly they can be broken easily. After all it is just glass inside an aluminum extrusion.

I think your system might be working watch this video and read the comments below.
    Russ

This may be obvious, but in three axis, with the quill nut engaged, pull the quill down about two
    inches and then try homing. Go to the screen that you set datum zero on. Toggle down to retract depth
    and highlight. Press clear. Carry on.

(Z-Axis Rotary encoder)

You must find home before you run a program. To find home immediately after startup,locate the Z-axis at the top
    of the fixed mark then press the FIND HOME softkey. Otherwise, press the DATUM softkey, then the FIND HOME softkey.
    The table will automatically move a short distance along the Z-, Y- and then X-axes to find home. Z-axis
    finds home first. You will have to locate the Z-axis at the top of the location mark before finding home.

(Z-Axis Linear encoder)

You must find home before you run a program. To find home immediately after startup,locate the Z-axis at the top
    of the fixed mark then press the FIND HOME softkey. Otherwise, press the DATUM softkey, then the FIND HOME softkey.
    The table will automatically move a short distance along the Z-, Y- and then X-axes to find home. Z-axis
    finds home first. You will have to locate the Z-axis at the top of the location mark before finding home.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quick question, without homing can you go to the move table screen and move the X, Y, and Z axis just slightly. If they move that tells you the encoders are actually good.l

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

What that manual section describes is an absolute encoder. That type of encoders have a battery which keeps them powered when the main power is turned off the machine. Check and see if there is indeed a battery, it could be bad and needs to be replaced. You can follow the wires from the encoders and they normally go to the control box and open the control box and see if there is a battery box inside.

Russ