Need Help! Anilam 3000M - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anilam 3000M

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anilam 3000M

Just a bit of an update the transformer is not working. so i have bought a 115 3kva power supply and have connecter that too the wires that came from the transformer and all seems good.
    but the servo drivers are still not lit up and they only have 10v across the terminal's i have the Clark for the 414v and the converter for the 115v but no lights on the drivers pic below.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anilam 3000M-20211218_155849-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The transformer is not working? That makes no sense, transformers are about the last thing to fail in a system. I would suggest a wiring issue.

I would not expect the drives to power up until the computer is stable and happy and you have released the E-Stop and pressed the ''Reset'' button. The servo power supply is switched on by the Solid State Relay on the circuit board on the left side of the cabinet (under the board behind the yellow thing, top center of the board)

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jim thanks again i have a new quandary it turns out the the extra wire as you predicted was connected to nothing so its now gone.
    i have connected the Clarke to the plug that the power went to in the box and for the 115v i am using the step down transformer below.
    and all seems to be powering up, computer and controller board, but i have no lights on the SMA7215-1 brushtype amplifiers.(drivers)
    when i check the power getting to the drivers its about 10v DC, as far as i can see there is suposed to be AC going to what looks like a bridge rectifyer converting it to
    DC you can see all of this in the pics. i have taken one of the SMA drivers out to see if there was any way to get a light on with external power But no joy.
    if i bought a better board with distuctions on like step puls and direction this would be easyer for me to understand,

do you have any photos of any of the above wired,
    oh and the spindle has not fired up by this way of conection but iam trying for movement first.
    Oh what a saga

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anilam 3000M-transformer-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

is the transformer not now redundent i have taken it off seems to me that it was a 3 phase to 115v and 12v

Oh what reset button .......

Downloads
    Uploads

I would not expect the drives to power up until the E stop is released and the ''reset'' (or servo enable) button is pressed, not sure how it is labeled on your machine. The drive power comes from the Solid State Relay under the circuit board on the left side of the cabinet. This SSR is only switched on when the computer is powered up and is ready to go and the button is pressed.

I would not expect any power to the drives until all of the above conditions are met.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

oh ok thats something to work on there ios an estop and sevo reset and a green button and a red one green to run the code and red to stop i think

Downloads
    Uploads

the 3 phases goes to what's labelled in the drawings as "disconnect switch" and the 115v is labelled "AC PWR TO SVO DRV"
    Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by slasher102 View Post
    the 3 phases goes to what's labelled in the drawings as "disconnect switch" and the 115v is labelled "AC PWR TO SVO DRV"
    Cheers
    The disconnect switch is the electrical cabinet main switch. I would expect the 115V power to feed the servo power, as well as maybe powering the computer.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

some progress today the motor drivers now have power, it would appear that the software is the next obstacle to challenge,
    the spindle is not turning on but i can hear the relay trying to switch it on, i still haven't seen any lights on the drivers but when i move the axis the DRO changes on the screen.
    i have a couple of screen shots that may help, but its coming alive and feel excited to make some chips.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anilam 3000M-screenshot_20211221-143316_photos-jpg   Anilam 3000M-20211221_152050-jpg   Anilam 3000M-20211221_151625-jpg   Anilam 3000M-20211221_140603-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You are making progress. Motors moving is a good thing! If the spindle contactor is pulling in, then it's time to check incoming power to the contactors.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry I wasn't clear the motors aren't moving but when i turn the handle the encoder seems to work.
    i am thinking on the same as you with regards the trans former the wires that went to it are pictured .
    my problem is i never hade the thing with all the wires from the transformer correctly wired. thats how it came to me
    but if you could draw where the wires go i will try and follow along.

there was a massive plug with 5 wires (one not wired) L1 L2 L3 Earth that went to the main switch in the cabinet. that now has the 3 wires and the earth from the Clark.

the wires in the transformer is where i am in the dark..do i put the clark wires into the transformer then the wires from that into the main switch.
    i would think they would go from the main switch to the transformer then back into the cabinet but this i am unsure of.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anilam 3000M-20211212_115647-jpg   Anilam 3000M-20211213_200218-jpg   Anilam 3000M-20211213_200258-jpg   Anilam 3000M-259071321_5096001817094511_5800988507198015392_n-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

the 3rd picture i have no idear where these two wires went from the high voltage

Downloads
    Uploads

This is how I think it is wired

Anilam 3000M-clipboard02-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anilam 3000M-clipboard02-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

that seems very easy, but looking inside the machine it doesn't look that simple. a really daft question but there is i assume 3 phase going power switch then the motor then the coolant pump and finely the transformer.
    which is the start and which is the end ?. it looks like there in no end to me. perhaps i need to get a machine sparky in.

Thanks again Jim i will keep you updated.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is as simple as I can make the drawing. Yes, please bring in a sparky.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by slasher102 View Post
    the goal is to run it all on single phase.
    Thank You in advance.
    ...I think you guys missed the above statement...or did I miss something in this thread?

Spindle and Coolant motors are 3Phase most likely. You would need a single phase Inverter capable of producing the wild leg and amperage needed to run your motor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...I think you guys missed the above statement...or did I miss something in this thread?

Spindle and Coolant motors are 3Phase most likely. You would need a single phase Inverter capable of producing the wild leg and amperage needed to run your motor.
    Yup, you missed the Clarke Converter. See post #10. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/contr...ml#post2485998

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi just a quick update Jim, i have scraped all the electric Anilam 3000, reasons why ,the motor start contactors coils were all 115v (makes sense) but I didn't like the idea of 400v 3 phase and 115v to energize the switches.
    so i still have the Clark as my source but 24v for all my buttons and relays. plus 12v and 5v just for goo measure. I have ordered 3 new Nema 34s Servo motors, and a new controller. the other system was to old.

i can now use fusion 360 easier, and all is windows based. I have built a CNC before and this is not much different plus all the hard work is done, ie all the ball screws.
    so i now have for sale Anilam 3000m computer box, servo drives and motors any idea on what I should sell them for.
    and once again thanks for your help

Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds like a good plan. I replaced my Anilam M 7 years ago. But am still using the original DC drives and motors. I did the same with my CNC lathe, there is no longer anything on the machine that says Fanuc on it.

I have Fusion 360 on my machines, very handy.

I sold my Anilam M for $250 on eBay, I really have no idea what that stuff is worth. I would have been just as happy to toss it in the scrap bin. I guess it depends on how bad someone needs it.

It's my pleasure to help where I can.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

slasher102,
    Did you get this machine going with the new control? I have a 3000m that I use fairly often and would love to have spare parts but I understand you are in the UK?
    It would be a long drive out to the west coast of Canada…..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12