Anilam 3 axis Mill Y axis Lag over Max - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anilam 3 axis Mill Y axis Lag over Max

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anilam 3 axis Mill Y axis Lag over Max

...So, you are saying there is a Voltage present at E101/E102 what about E201/E202 and E301/E302 ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anilam 3 axis Mill Y axis Lag over Max-intramat-servo-jpg  
    Last edited by machinehop5; 05-18-2021 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added photo

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...So, you are saying there is a Voltage present at E101/E102 what about E201/E202 and E301/E302 ?
    Yes voltage present on all 3. Al between 2.74 and 2.71
    And on the DSP board test pins I only get 13.8 v ont the 15v the manual says should be there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by markems0 View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the info I tried that balance procedure on the x axis but can only get it down to 2.52 volts at E101. What else can i do? I am now lost.
    The real question is: Why is the X axis being commanded at 2.52V? That would indicate that the controller thinks the position error is quite high. Is there a way to look at the raw encoder data from the controller screen?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I dont know this is a big learning curve for me. could it be something in the settings?

Downloads
    Uploads

...yes, is odd there is 2.7 volts being commanded to the Intramat Amp from the Anilam DSP board. Try this....put your Volt Meter on E101 and E102 then adjust Port 0 aka Pot R108 (X Axis most likely I'm guessing) on the DSP board to zero (if possible). You should see a Voltage change

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Yes did that
    Used the balance F6 utility. it started at 2.74v and would not go any lower than 2,52v

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Yes did that
    Used the balance F6 utility. it started at 2.74v and would not go any lower than 2,52v
    ...ok. Put it back to the 2.74v (which I think you did already) For some reason the Anilam is commanding about 25% of Motor Speed to go somewhere. It almost sounds like it trying to Reference the Axis. Does your machine have Limit Switches and/or Referencing switches ? How do you set Machine Home XYZ ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi yes the machine has limit switches. The Home function is turned off in the settings and no home position set. Vector limits are turned off. The software limits are turned off. I was told all the setting are as it was when the cnc was working. But I am not sure if they have been changed as it was used as a manual machine.
    I was going to have a look at the index P and see if it is detecting a pulse from the encoders / Linear rail. The X is a linear rail, Y and Z are encoders.

Downloads
    Uploads

...if, X Axis has a Linear Encoder you can not have the Motor disconnected without getting Lag error. I was reading a little about the Homing sequence (if your machine has the Option) Page 4-8
    https://acu-rite.com/pdf/anilam/ANIL.../70000504I.pdf
    maybe Homing needs to be turned ON

Downloads
    Uploads

Today i was playing with the machine again. In the motion setup menu I have checked the IndexP (F3) and i am getting a index pulse every revolution on the Y and Z with the rotory encoders and on the X axis 1 index pulse on the linear slide approximately in the middle of the travel. I tried the ResChK (F2) but when i manually move the axis i get lag over max and no info for the resolution.
    I have also turned on the Home setting and when booted up it now requires homing, however the same problem stops the machine from homing. as soon as i reset the servos they move and trip lag over max.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Yes did that
    If, this test fails to set the servo command to zero volts...there must be a problem with it.

,,,just to double check did we push Start after F6?

snip
    Press Balance (F6) to output a zero voltage signal to the axis.
    Press START.
    Refer to Figure 5. Make adjustments for axis outputs 0–3 on the DSP2 Board at potentiometers R108-R111 respectively.
    Adjust the potentiometer for the selected axis until the voltage across the pins is 0 VDC (± 0.001V).
    Press MANUAL (F4) to cancel the test.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi yes, I choose the X axis the press F6 then start and it brings up +0000 on the right hand side, then tried to set it to 0v.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi yes, I choose the X axis the press F6 then start and it brings up +0000 on the right hand side, then tried to set it to 0v.
    Just to update. Yesterday I sent the controller off to see if it can be repaired and what it will cost. ???? not really looking forward to the cost but will just have to wait and see.

Downloads
    Uploads

I get a quote for the controller to be repaired. They cannot tell me what is wrong with it as it has only had a preliminary inspection and only when the technician has it can they say whats wrong with it but it is going to cost £2.5k to repair. At that cost I would be better fitting a centroid controller i think. Do not know what to do now. Cannot relay afford ether.

Downloads
    Uploads

Been some time since i was last here, but. I have taken the controller apart and cleaned everything, reassembled and now it seams to be working. When I reset the servo motors they move a little and then hold still apart from the x axis which slowly moves back and forth about 10 deg. I can now jog, feed and inch as it should. I have no idea what it was that was wrong. I have tried balancing the motors but cannot. the X axis gives a reading of +1250 and moves to the left. Using the trimming pot dose not make it any lower. any ideas or could it just be that there is a fault in it that is worth the money repairing.
    Dose anyone know of anywhere that I could try for a sensible repair cost?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

...that's good news ....like those easy fixes. I would do the same for the Intermat unit. Any low voltage connectors/plugs/dip sockets etc if not gold plated can cause problems from old age. Or possible the Amp is just out of adjustment from previous owner(s). The Intermat 3TRM manual may help for the normal tuning process for DC servos. Open her up a take some more photos of adjustment pots may help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just an update.
    My controller now has many faults. The computer dose not always find the HHD to load the software, most of the time it loads the software and starts up then the table shoots off to one end other times it works ok and i can control it for a short time. I have stripped it cleaned and checked everything i can find and think off, with no difference.
    Now I am looking at fitting a pc with Mach 3 and a CSMIO/IP A controller to it. Has anyone used them? If so would you recommend them?

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

if there is a lag error it can be caused by this:

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the youtube link.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    I have an 1100 Anilam. All of a sudden the servos will not turn on. I hear a click in the box but gives an X lag over max.

i build the braces that keep american teeth straight......tick tick tick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12