Need Help! Y Axis loosing 20mm exactly always

Thread: Y Axis loosing 20mm exactly always

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Y Axis loosing 20mm exactly always

I have syntec 6mb controller, I work for weeks with no issues, suddenly when I am measuring new tool. The machine tool sensor is missed by 20mm in y axis (width of machine) every time!. This is not physical problem like loose coupling servo to gear. It's always 20mm. All machining on sheet also shift by 20mm in Y Axis only I loose all work near the edge of sheet. After configuring sensor position by 20 mm I am able to measure tool by still sheet machining is shifted. The next day works the Same after night shutdown. Another shutdown resets this issue and all back to normal for next few days. Happened several times, always 20mm in y axis. No idea where to start checking
    Please help, if possible by mail bascil.bitam@gmail.com

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Y Axis loosing 20mm exactly always

Try moving your Y axis homing switch by a few millimeters in any direction. See the explanation in this thread: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/omni-...g-problem.html

Downloads
    Uploads

I will check as it sounds similar issue. Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately this solution didn't help
    I think I know what is the issue not quite sure I understand how it's related. The machine requires 40 Amp, and I moved to new workshop where I have 25 Amp. Seems there are power drops that does not trip the safety switches or even the lights does not blink but it seems to influence the parameters or machine configuration. Any reasonable explanation?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    Try moving your Y axis homing switch by a few millimeters in any direction. See the explanation in this thread: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/omni-...g-problem.html
    If they are using an Encoder Index Pulse they would normally not be backing off to a set number ( 20mm ) it is just normally from where ever the Index pulse stops after the Home switch is triggered is the true Home position

They may not have an Index Pulse and just using a number which would not be very accurate or repeatable depending on the switch in this case

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I am sure now this is the issue. As today no problems because I didn't run any tool in parallel while machine is working. Also problem happens in z axis when I change tool the router gows down to tool tray level 5 mm higher. The old tool gets stuck in the tray cover and the new tool does not lock in failing and breaking the insert knife, must pump up the AMP to 40. Thanks for your time