New Machine Build Looking for pin assignments on SMC4-4-16A-16B

Thread: Looking for pin assignments on SMC4-4-16A-16B

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Looking for pin assignments on SMC4-4-16A-16B

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
    I can't possibly be the only newbie to be baffled by the Chinese/English instructions associated with this product...

Hi CNC Experts and Newbies,
    I have recently bought the abovenamed off-line unit to replace my aging, treacle-slow Windows 7 laptop which was used to run my 6040 Milling setup. The laptop finally died and I'm trying to resume machining afresh with a more appropriate stand-alone unit.
    As noted elsewhere, the Chinglish so-called manual is very light on connection details for such things as limit switch inputs, E-Stop connection, etc.
    Has anyone with the greater knowledge than most of us actually wired one of these units so that the Spindle control, Motor inputs, etc., are laid out in the way some of the earlier BIQU breakout boards were shared on this forum?
    It would be really useful if we could have a schematic for all the D connectors when used with six separate X, Y and Z axis + and - Home and Limit switches. I'm not too sure which wire from the NO or NC microswitch should go to which terminal.
    Also I'm not sure how to wire the Emergency off switch.
    The control for the Spindle, I recall, is connected to the PWM output but, again, I'm really unsure about this. My 1.6kW Spindle driver has 'AVI - 10V - COM' input terminals and I think I could do some damage by getting it wrong so I prefer to 'fess up my ignorance.
    Any help or pointers will always be gratefully received.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for pin assignments on SMC4-4-16A-16B

I have CNC with this controller, but the spindle was not connected internally to the unit. I can confirm that the limit switches are NO contacts, but I guess you can change this inside the controller by putting the right settings.
    I have another issue with this controller.Many years ago I have downloaded a keyboard instructions from somewhere ( may be back in 2015) and in this file it was instruction how to jogg the machine with high speed. It was combination between the arrow buttons and other button. For some time I didn't use the machine and I forgot how to do it. Now it is a pain to drive to a position. Does anyone remembers how to do it? It is a shortcut not described in the manual.
    Regarding the wiring: check here: https://www.shaogecnc.com/smc4-4-16a16b/

Last edited by Vivi; 04-20-2021 at 04:10 AM. Reason: add more info to help

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm.
    It says out 16 is PWM only. (If I have the correct manual here).
    Now usually (as I understand it) a PWM signal needs to go into another module that then converts it to 0-10v.
    I think you need another module connected which is why the spindle isn't mentioned in manual:
    https://cdn.hackaday.io/files/158819..._manual_ru.pdf

Something like this I believe:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/voltage-mod.../dp/B07X2KB4X3
    PWM in - Analogue 0-10v out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi dszp1976, I have similar machine and it is using the pulse to voltage card. I think it depends on the VFD drive. Some of them probably may accept PWM signal. Analog 0-10 is standard, but check again all inputs on the drive. If you don't have PWM input you will need the card. I don't think SMC4-4-16a16b can output analog signal.